Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City
US$297
US$267
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$199
  • Restaurant
Sofitel New York(New York City)
US$414
US$349
US$290
US$269
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$187
US$169
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$150
  • Fitness centre
US$226
US$196
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)
US$378
US$288
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$195
2,186 results
All reviewspenn stationdouble treenew yorkwarm cookiesthe empire state buildingmadison square gardenrooms are smalltimes squarefront desk staffconvenient locationfew blocksnyc hotelshigh floortwo double bedsupon checkaround the cornerstreet noise
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Doubletree Chelsea was in a great location. We could walk to most everything and if we couldn't the conceirge was more than helpful. Great hotel for a short trip. The rooms are very small but have heard that most hotel rooms in NYC are the same.

Would stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1265rileyh
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was a great location if you like Whole Foods, Madison Square Garden and Times Square. Times Square is several blocks walk, but not too many. Whole Foods is around the corner and Madison Square Garden only about 2 blocks away.

The actual hotel is small and the rooms are also tiny, but they were clean and comfortable. A view toward the statue is great, but not if you're below the 20th floor because most buildings are so tall that you're only seeing other buildings.

It was loud at night (I was on the 18th floor), but that's just NY. I could also watch any tv station I wanted because the hotel had a service similar to Xfinity or Uverse.

Breakfast in the hotel was great and the servers (Davina and Liz) were a team who knew my order walking in after only one night at the hotel.

Overall, great location for me, easier to get to my customer site and great access to cabs whether I went to 7th or 6th Ave. The staff were friendly and helpful and cookies were available whenever you wanted one and not just when you first checked in.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Doubletree on 7th and 29th was outstanding, The staff was very professional and helpful. Rooms were clean and fresh. The restruart had a full breakfast and service was outstanding. We particulally like the central location, It is very close to Madison Sqaure Gardens, Pann Station and not far from Times Square.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel last week. It is right by The Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to Times Square which suited us as we did not want to be right in the centre.
Hotel itself is modern. Rooms very clean. Comfortable beds. Staff extremely helpful. Of course don't forget the free cookies which are gorgeous !!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Ange33
Peter M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Ange33, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and our gorgeous delicious cookies! Please visit us, and the Big Apple, again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at this Doubletree Hotel since November of last year and let me EMPHATICALLY STATE: Best hotel I have ever stayed in along with the best staff.

This Doubletree is like a hidden gem in the heart of New York City. The location is great - near MSG but away from all the noise and although it's a fairly big hotel, I feel like a VIP whenever I speak with any of the employees.

The rooms are up to date - modern with a selection of cable channels that any hotel in the U.S would envy - (huge selection of HD channels). The beds are soooooo comfortable with down feather pillows - I get great sleep every night.

The restaurant has a nice selection of appetizers, main courses and desserts. I would recommend the salmon(delicious). The servers go out of their way to smile and take care of your needs.

Yes, there are only 2 elevators but you know what?? I have NEVER had to wait very long for them and they are fast to the floor requested.

Overall, the General Manager has put together a group of hard working and caring employees that separates this hotel from many many others. James(front desk manager) is in my opinion, a caring and excellent manager. Along with the other front desk mgr Will, they answer my every request.

I don't want to leave anybody out so I am giving props to every front desk employee I have dealt with: Nicole, Ashley, Eva, Judy. Miguel(Security) is always helpful as well as the house man Israel.

Bottom line is this: I don't work for this hotel, I travel a lot and I thank my lucky stars I stumbled upon this GEM of a property. I can't find anything to fault so I am not going to try and think of something. The rates are great, staff is great and amenities are great.

What are you waiting for??? See for yourself !!!

Room Tip: high floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much PittPoker, for your amazing review of our hotel. We love to hear when a guest enjoys their stay with us! We have thanked each of the staff members you have listed in the review for a job well done! We can’t wait to see you again!