“FYI that excludes a tip”

Blind Tiger Ale House
Ranked #835 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Went here one afternoon for a beer. Found a table and went to the bar to order a beer and a coke since they didn't seem to do table service. It came to $11. The bartender said "That's $11, FYI that excludes a tip". Now don't get me wrong I don't mind leaving tips and I did in every place I visited in the USA. I just found it extremely cheeky that the bar tender would so blatantly outright ask for a tip like this. I gave her a $2 tip and didn't stay for another drink.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Bleeker Street is great. Area outside main tourist area including Soho etc is wonderful to walk around. Food is better and much cheaper than around Times Square. Go for a walk and call in at this bar - service was excellent and the beer fantastic. Eat there (food looked good) or nip across the road to John's for a great pizza).

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

A great selection of very tasty local beers with an interesting selection of food items to accompany them. The pub is quite small and fills up very quickly. Excellent music, too!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised on first look I wasn't too impressed but I must say the beer was first class and the food equally as good. So do not be put off by first impressions, I'd certainly go back again.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

In doing some research before our trip to NY we fond great reviews on the BTAH. Lots of beer on tap and the food was great. One client had the grilled cheese, I had the special of the day, grilled cheese with steak and tomato, another had pigs in a blanket. a few beers each, plus food $100 with Tip.