“Arguably the Best Beer in NYC”

Blind Tiger Ale House
Ranked #787 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I️ has the chance to visit Blind Tiger on a recent visit to NYC. I️ grabbed a reasonably priced Wedge salad with grilled chicken (excellent by the way) and was able to wash it down with a Grimm BA Double Negative. A pretty nice start, but then I️ found Cantillon Kriek on Tap. WHAT???? Yes please! Low key please with killer beers and great food. Double A+ for Blind Tiger.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My two NY native cousins took me to BTAH , promising hoppy goodness. I enjoyed the first # so much, the atmosphere, catching up with family that I gaily skipped out. Leaving my tab open. Adam, the barkeep, could not have been more friendly and honest. Which is how I’d suggest any beer lover would read the menu here, an ever evolving mix of brews from near and far, laid out from #1 - infinity.
Cheers on showing how great an Ale House can be!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Went here one afternoon for a beer. Found a table and went to the bar to order a beer and a coke since they didn't seem to do table service. It came to $11. The bartender said "That's $11, FYI that excludes a tip". Now don't get me wrong I don't mind leaving tips and I did in every place I visited in the USA. I just found it extremely cheeky that the bar tender would so blatantly outright ask for a tip like this. I gave her a $2 tip and didn't stay for another drink.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Bleeker Street is great. Area outside main tourist area including Soho etc is wonderful to walk around. Food is better and much cheaper than around Times Square. Go for a walk and call in at this bar - service was excellent and the beer fantastic. Eat there (food looked good) or nip across the road to John's for a great pizza).

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

A great selection of very tasty local beers with an interesting selection of food items to accompany them. The pub is quite small and fills up very quickly. Excellent music, too!!!