“Perfect end to our wedding day”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$11 - US$130
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This review is long overdue. My husband and I first visited Club A steakhouse on our first trip to New York back in 2016 due to the fantastic TripAdvisor reviews. We were so impressed by the Club A Steakhouse that we decided to hold our wedding meal there the following year for our destination wedding.

I called a couple months in advance and explained I wanted to book a table for 8 people and that it was for a special occasion, our wedding day. We arrived on 6th September 2017 and we were all blown away not only by the food (which the best we've ever tasted) but also by the incredible attentive service provided to us.

We were seated upstairs on a large round table. Numerous staff members came up to congratulate us on our wedding day which I though was a lovely touch. After we made our food and drink orders we were presented with complementary starters, mushroom ravioli which was beautifully cooked. When our mains arrived, everyone at the table commented that it was the best steak they had ever tasted baring in mind we had a range of different steaks from fillet to a New York Strip to a T bone. After an amazing main meal we were all given complimentary desserts which consisted of Tiramisu, profiteroles and cheesecake. Each dessert tasted fresh and homemade. After commenting what a wonderful evening we had all had, the manager came over to our table with a complimentary bottle of Prosecco to toast to our wedding day. Thank you Club A for going above and beyond, my husband and I will always ensure we return to your restaurant when we are in New York.

If you want phenomenal food and service, look no further than Club A Steakhouse - it really doesn't get any better.

5  Thank LAF1412
Write a ReviewReviews (3,225)

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

On Saturday 24th February me and my partner booked club a steakhouse for our 6 year anniversary while we were in new York for 5 days. We chose this restaurant as we had read so many good reviews.
Well.. all I have to say is this is the most amazing restaurant I've ever been too!
Everything was perfect!
When we arrived my coat was taken for me then we were seated and for the rest of the night we were treated like royalty!
Whenever our glasses we empty they were topped up immediately and nothing was too much trouble. We were looked after by Sandra and she was absolutely wonderful! She went that extra mile to make our night extra special.
We had our starter of fried calamari which was very nice then after we asked Sandra to take a photo of the 2 of us in which my partner proceeded to propose. Sandra did any amazing job of capturing it on video for us. Once we had sat back down after our engagement, staff then brought us a glass of champagne each to wish us congratulations.
For main we had ordered the porter house for 2 with sides of honey glazed carrots and garlic and thyme mushrooms. I cannot explain how incredible our meal was! It was by far the best steak we have EVER eaten in our lives! After dinner we were brought a complementary dessert plate with 'CONGRATULATIONS' written on the rim of the plate. At the end of our evening another member of staff asked to take a photo of us which they then printed out and gave to us in a club a steakhouse card which we thought was extremely thoughtful.
Every one here at club a steakhouse helped us have a night we will never forget and we are so thankful ! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone.
Thank you so much Club A steakhouse.

2  Thank kdc95
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We had a brilliant evening at Club A Steakhouse. The restaurant itself is cozy, with a great atmosphere. The night we went (a Saturday) there was a live Jazz Band, which was a great touch. We ordered the porterhouse steak (as recommended by our server) - it was amazing, particularly the fillet mignon which cut like butter! The staff really went out of their way to make the evening special for us as it was my Birthday. We will definitely be returning next time we are in New York! Thank you :)

2  Thank BAJ25
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Visited on a Thursday evening, and had the 3 course fixed price meal. Food was excellent and didn't compromise on the portion size for the price. Steak was really good. Glad we found this restaurant, as we looked at loads of steakhouses that were way more expensive. Good atmosphere and attentive service.
Would highly recommend a visit.

2  Thank Jls1968bristol
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I checked through countless reviews, endless websites and various other sources before just making the decision to just book something.

Given that for a number of travellers visiting NYC it is a huge thing and you might only get to do it once and choosing a steakhouse is equally a big decision! So if like us, this viewpoint resonates, I can assure you that based on our experience this place will over deliver in bucket loads. Fantastic server service, great setting and ambience, drinks never running dry, very clean and tidy, menu and process clearly explained and the food was out of this world. We ordered the Porterhouse for 2 + a number of sides and would easily go back here any day of the week.

1  Thank Sherriff_Fenton