“Gets an A ”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 14,805 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$11 - US$130
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my wife visited on a Tuesday in late May on the strength of TripAdvisor reviews. We didn't book, but just turned up. Received a friendly reception and we were shown to a table upstairs in the window with a great view of 58th street.

We skipped the starter as we were looking forward to steak, the restaurant gave us complimentary mushroom ravioli, which was good.

Following the ravioli we were really looking forward to a prime steak, we weren't disappointed. I went for the bone in ribeye and my wife for the hanger steak. I had mine Black and blue and it was done to perfection, so juicy and soft with a real crust. My wife's steak was done medium as requested with peppercorn sauce. We had creamed potatoes, mushrooms and creamed spinach to go along with the steaks. The sides were very good and complimented the steaks well and were well portioned, as at other places the sides have been bigger than the steaks!!!

We were then complimented dessert. A combo of tiramisu, chocolate cheesecake and doughnut style profiteroles. We squared the circle with some coffee.

What a meal, I will be recommending to all my friends and family when they visit NYC.

ClubASteakhouse, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am honored you read our TripAvisor reviews and decided to give my restaurant a try. I am very happy that we did not disappoint! Thank you for recommending us to others visiting NYC.

Bruno

Write a ReviewReviews (3,028)

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Very good steak house in New York,out of the way, got to be the best steak I’ve had. I had NY Strip 18oz and it was cooked to perfection, the meal is big enough on its own but me and my partner shared chips and sautéed mushrooms with our steaks. Staff all very friendly and make you feel welcome. 100% recommend this restaurant.

ClubASteakhouse, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hi Ed,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your patronage and I am honored that you had the best steak at my restaurant! I hope that we see you again soon and thank you for recommending Club A Steakhouse!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Wanted to have a nice steak meal and found this restaurant as usual after reviews on here. Yes,it is pricey (for me! Not my usual) but you are in New York....
Booked a table the night before via their own website. We got the subway up there and walked a couple of blocks. Going in it reminded me/made me think of a jazz club! Don't know why... it's red and dimly lit. We were a little early but only had to wait a couple of minutes before being shown to our table. I had already decided what I was having!! 24 ounce bone in rib eye. She had a 16 ounce fillet mignon!! We order a side of sautéed spinach and the garlic potato things. This was more than enough and really didn't need the starters we had ordered!!
The steaks were cooked to perfection and were mouth watering.... nearing the end, I was full but had to finish it, I wasn't going to leave any!!
Just when I thought it was over, our waiter put. 2 plates down and a fork and spoon.... followed by a complimentary dessert - cheesecake, tiramisu and profita rolls (sorry if any spelt wrong!). Couldn't help ourselves and once again, I had to finish the last bit!!
If your after a nice steak, put this on your list!!

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review a review for my restaurant. I appreciate your patronage and I am especially happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. I hope we get a chance to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Our food was excellent. I had Chilean sea bass that was sweet and cooked perfectly. My husband had a delicious steak cooked exactly to medium rare as requested. Our server was prompt and professional. The prices were a little high but there was good value. The ambiance was old world romantic, very nice!

ClubASteakhouse, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hi Reale,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am please to hear that you enjoyed our food and service. I appreciate your patronage and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Went to Club A Steakhouse with three colleagues on a Wednesday evening at 7pm. We made a reservation in advance (note the need to verbally confirm the reservation) and pleased we did as it was busy on arrival.

Some complimentary bread and mushroom ravioli were brought out. I then had the New York Cut steak with bernaise sauce and we shared some potato wedges, asparagus, brocolli and carrots. Food was cooked to perfection, absolutely delicious. The wine my colleague ordered - I don’t recall which, perhaps the red Zinfandel - went well with the steak.

Some complimentary dessert - profiteroles, cheese cake and tiramisu - was brought out but it was quite poor so it went uneaten.

Service was fantastic, very attentive.

Overall, mains were fantastic. Highly recommended.

Hi Dmscad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your patronage and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at my restaurant. I hope we get the pleasure of serving you again soon.