“Great ambiance and quality food”
Review of Apiary - CLOSED

Apiary
Price range: US$31 - US$110
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: East Village
Cross street: 11th Street
Transit: The 6 train to Astor Place and the 4, 5 or 6 to 14th St. The R train to 8th St and the N or R to 14th St. The L train to 3rd Ave.
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We really enjoyed the ravioli appetizer - it would be a good main. Great chop, my foodie sister said the chicken was great. Fabulous cocktails!

1  Thank Kathy M

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Where is the line between very good and excellent? I ate here Saturday with my son. We were late. They were very accommodating. Nice bread with olive oil and we order a bottle of Sancerre. Reasonably priced at $68 for NYC. My appetizer was grilled octopus. For you octofiles, you know how hard it is to cook octopus. This was perfect. My son had the special ravioli app; he is not a "sauce person" so when he asked for another piece of bread I knew it was excellent. My cod with little necks was equally wonderful. Negatives? Not on the food. Table are too close together for couples (not surprising but annoying nonetheless). The larger groups seemed to have more room. Noisy, yes. But all in all I would return. Cost of dinner for two with tip (and the $68 for the wine) ~ $175.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Wanted to try that place after reading about the chef Scott Bryan and some of his interviews. We tried 5 items tasting menu and really liked the food. the service is amazing, people there work really hard and know their food well. It was very busy Saturday night and the place got really noisy but we did not mind it as it gives your conversation more privacy, I hate to be at the very quiet restaurant where you have couple of drinks but have to keep it down as everyone can hear you:-) All the food items were A+++ including the dessert. The best duck breast ever! We did not have wine (they have apparently very good wine list) but wanted to try their cocktails and liked most of them. The most favorite was Buzz Kill. The place is good.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our friends and us had a great time at Apiary last week. I was the big winner with the Atlantic Merluza that I ordered. Perfectly cooked, tasted great, I even finished my vegetables like a good boy. The wife's duck breast was also perfectly cooked for her and was just as good. Great food, and not too loud so you can actually have a conversation...very rare for a Friday night at 8 in the city.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Went here for a gf's bday dinner on a week night. It was a mix of girls' night out and couples. The service is good, the food phenomenal. The chef made a vegetable entrée for my vegetarian friend. The ravioli, though a small portion, wa really really good. The cod was pretty good, the duck was better but the pork chop was the best dish at the table. Apiary is a place you go for really good food. Skip the orzo mac & cheese.