“Comfortable, quiet and delicious”
Review of Naya Mezze & Grill

Naya Mezze & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Naya Mezze & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #847 of 14,730 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 55th and 56th Streets
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to 59th Street/Lexington Avenue.
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I was looking for a place where we could enjoy a quiet lunch and conversation and this is the spot. The booths are super comfortable, the lunch specials were awesome and I would definitely go back here again. My husband had the Friday special lamb meatballs and licked the plate clean. I had Chicken Shawarma with three mini mezzes. The tabbouleh was the best I have ever had. The falalel was good and so was the hommus. Just delicious and so cozy. I would go back.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Food was really excellent and service was good. Ambient and decore was also very nice. I would have expected a better baklava though. Considering the excellent level of the food I think they should improve on the baklava. No Lebanese dinner can be ended without baklava but it has to be good.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Laura and I had an early dinner on Thursday night. We were given a very friendly greeted, and given a table of our choice. Naya is a narrow space, with tables on both sides of a long walkway. It is decorated in a modern motif, with subdued, though not dark, lighting, making for a very comfortable atmosphere. Our waiter greeted us quickly, and took our drinks order (we each had a Lebanese beer: $6). For appetizers we ordered Falafel ($7: four falafel served over a diced lettuce and chopped tomato bed, with a demitasse of sauce) and Sujuk (a beef and lamb spicy sausage -- not that spicy -- served with diced tomatoes with a nice sauce); both were delicious. For entrees we ordered Samké Mechwifé: broiled Branzino served on a bed of tahini , and Wara Ra'enab Lahme (grape leaves stuffed with minced beef and rice, served with one small beef short rib and a side of yoghurt). The fish was cooked nicely, the tahini sauce was a bit strong; the grape leaves were superb, the beef rib lmost melted off the fork, but was a bit too little, and the yogurt was delicious, pairing well with the grape leaves. Overall, a great meal, great service and a very enjoyable experience. I recommend Naya very highly.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Fresh, good, great service. What more is there to say? The lamb chops and the shrimp could have had a bit more spice, but that is really carping. All was fine. We will go back.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Following a random conversation with a New York family in Central Park we were recommended Naya Mezze & Grill (1057 Second Avenue). An amazing Lebanese restaurant with great staff - special mention to Henry who was so helpful in accommodating us - we hadn't made reservations. Packed with New Yorkers rather than tourists, superb food and excellent value for money- unusual for New York! Highly recommend - suggest you make a reservation.