“Sunday afternoon stroll”

Hell's Kitchen & Clinton Dog Run
Ranked #430 of 1,155 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: New York City's recreation and park area is for dog lovers and their four-footed companions, but you have to become a member for a nominal fee.
Reviewed 5 July 2016

On the Sunday afternoon in June upon arriving in NYC, we strolled up and down the main streets of Hell's Kitchen. I loved the vibes here - all the quaint shops and restaurants. We stopped at a local Mexican restaurant and had the best guacamole, salsa, chips, and drinks.

1  Thank travelsamc

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

I stepped out of my hotel at the 44th St. and just started walking. After a while stumbled upon an area which turned out to be the Hell's kitchen. Distinct European feel, a small park, flea market, fabulous restaurants...the place seems to have it all.

I was told by the hotel staff later that Hell's kitchen was a dangerous area in the 1980's. Not many people ventured there. But the real estate prices shot up drastically and today, it is a quite and safe Oasis of peace right in the heart of Manhattan.

Worth a visit of you live in the vicinity.

1  Thank BhawaniPathania
Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

Our friends live here was great being shown around a unique tourist free neighbourhoods in New York City great restaurants

Reviewed 1 December 2014

We recently visited Times Square and we ate dinner every night in Hell's Kitchen. There was no way I was going to NYC to eat at TGI Friday's or Olive Garden, I wanted to eat like a local. Walk a few blocks from Times Square to 9th Avenue and there are more delicious restaurants to choose from than I can mention. Neighborhood felt very safe, so close yet so far from the insanity (in a good way) of Times Square.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 November 2014

Known as a previously run down area of new York it has developed in to an area rich in hotels and restaurants. When walking around here i felt pretty safe, even at night when going between our hotel and nearby shops.

It feels very much like a place where the real new York where people live meets the new York people visit it for.