“Neighborhood gem”
Review of Amor Cubano

Amor Cubano
Reserve with OpenTable
Amor Cubano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,472 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East 111th Street
Transit: 6 train to 110th Street and M101 bus.
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Delicious food, wonderful service, and a live band! What more can you ask for?

I got the sangria to drink. Strong and delicious

Then I had the ropa vieja. I get this EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. it's perfect. And a huge portion. Enough to take home for lunch the next day!

Go here! Get the ropa vieja. And the maduros. And then you can thank me.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

My wife and I have been to Amor Cubano on a number of occasions. The first time we went there we found that the staff makes you feel welcome as if you are family. The food and the drinks were incredible and having a live band there made for a sensational night. We went there on our Anniversary (I arranged it prior) on a Tuesday night. they did not have a live band that night unfortunately but, once again, we were treated like family and, when we got to our table, there were rose petals on the the table and a single long stemmed rose. Our food and drinks were incredible. I highly recommend this gem to anyone. Authentic food, great drinks, and a memorable time!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Lunch Special should be called lunch normal. Nothing special here. Waitress was nice. Maybe it's better at night?

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

AMOR Cubano is located in East Harlem, I enjoy this place, this place is FUN. I have had dinner here quite a few times and I always enjoy myself. I like the casual atmosphere and the friendly service and rhe yummy food and drinks . They make you feel at home.

You should try to get there any Thursday thru Sunday. They always have live music and if you so wish you can get up and "bust a move" if the music moves you' no one will care.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

After my friend told me how good this place was, I needed to go since I love Cuban food. I mean, I have been to Cuba 5 times and have visited so many Cuban restaurants in NYC. The service was great but the food was far from being great. The waiter, who was the bartender, was amazing, her drinks, mojitos and we had 3 different ones, were very strong and good. My friend ordered the lemon fish from the lunch special and it was good but that's not Cuban food. I ordered the ropa vieja and was very very disappointed. It was even on the sweet side and that's not the way it should be. Afterwards, there was a new waiter/bartender, very sweet and nice, but her drinks were AWFUL! After that we knew it was time to go. I'll not recommend this place.