“Oh My”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Exchange Place
Transit: J & Z trains to Broad St. 4 & 5 trains to Wall St (at Broadway). 1 or R to Rector St. (at Trinity), 2 & 3 at Wall St. (at William).
Description: The Exchange at the Setai Wall Street ushers in a new sensibility to The Financial District. While maintaining The Setai’s striking decor Executive Chef Josh Capone brings his hometown style of San Francisco based Contemporary American cuisine into play. Ingredients are locally sourced and seasonal. Flavors are bold yet balanced. The approachable menu now features both a la carte and prix fixe options for lunch and dinner. Our three course prix fixe menus are now priced at $28 for lunch and $42 for dinner. As an experienced baker his breads and focaccia are now made on premise. To finish a great experience desserts are now under the guidance of former Aureole alum Alise Ciucci. We look forward to welcoming you to The Exchange.
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Found it online with Zagat rating. Went for the prix-fixe lunch. Scrumptious. Cocktails were nice pours. All three courses were plenty. Nice, fresh bread basket with options of butter or potato mousse accompaniments. Waiters were attentive but not in your face. Restrooms sparkle. Will return. Note: on the second floor--the desk attendant will let you pass. $$$$ if off menu.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

SHO is a great restaurant in a really odd location--the Financial District. When my SO and I went there, walking through the deserted Financial District felt like we were in a ghost town. Once we got there, the experience changed completely. The restaurant itself is absolutely beautiful and the food was truly excellent, especially given the quite reasonable price for the prix fixe menu. The only ding was the service--the staff was oddly underdressed for a 2-Michelin star restaurant, and I was surprised that I often ended up filling my own wine glass or found myself with no water. That said, the service issues did not detract much in the big scheme, and I would definitely go back the next time I am in New York.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is an exceptionally well-designed restaurant...right from when you walk in the door you know you are somewhere special.

The tables are not too close, you can hear your partner talk but not everyone else. Lighting is very good and the whole look of the place says class but comfortable.

The menu was well balanced, unique and modern with a soupçon of wit and technique and produce shine. Quality and value - service was excellent.

Started off with fantastic amuse boche....the truffle potato was quite outstanding. SHO signiture dish of warn morel espuma with coffee essence and truffle oil royal combines classic technique with creativity and tasted amazing.

The dinner menu offered four courses for $80 and $100 for 5 courses. Really great value and every dish was new, exciting and enjoyed down to the last mouthful.

Even the bread and three different butters on offer could have been a course on its own in any other restaurant….it was that good.

SHO has a very knowledgeable wine waiter and his suggestions for each course were a perfect match.

We were very lucky to meet the chef and creative genius behind SHO, Shaun Hergatt a fellow Australian. He was inspirational to talk with and you can see why this man is beginning to make his mark on NYC. SHO has 2 Michelin stars and after my experience there I am guessing a 3rd is not far away.

Memorable experience and one of the best meals I have ever had ...anywhere.
SHO will be on the top of my list next visit to NYC.

HINT: Go for dinner as the lunch service caters for the Wall St financial district so is designed for a quick turn around.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

And it deserves it. Breathtaking ambiance, and simply remarkable food. Brilliant service -- SHO has it all, and unbelievably reasonable prix fixe lunch and dinner menus. Worth the trip to Wall Street.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

WOW! This was a terrific experience. My wife and I asked for a special menu due to dietary restrictions and they could not have been more accommodating. Nathan was there to answer any and all questions. We had a tasting menu put together by chef Shaun. All the choices were stunning. We have been to many of the best in NYC (Per Se, Daniel, Le Bernardin, Jean Georges & EMP). I must say that this was in the running for my best overall experience. We sat right by the kitchen near the glass to get a view of the action. It really was a SHO! Chef also took us on a tour of the kitchen and was very personable and answered all of our questions. I think SHO Shaun Hergatt has a bright future and can expect a 3rd star in short order. Kudos