“The Best Hotel I have ever visited”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #130 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Best Hotel I have ever visited”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have been traveling more and more over the last couple of years - sometimes up to 100 nights a year, I am in a hotel. The Trump SoHo is the best hotel I have ever visited....period. The decor is very contemporary and the staff make you feel like a movie star. I don't think there was a single thing that I disliked about my stay. The food was great and the drinks were made perfectly in both the restaurant area and lounge. My bed was as comfortable as the one in my home. I can overlook a lot with one exception...the way I am treated. And this place should have their own rating to be honest. No other hotel has come close. Great place. Great stay.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a suite on the corner, facing the Empire State Building. The only issue is a busi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Rich B
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Rich B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your recommendation. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me to assist with any future reservations.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I stay here the weekend of our wedding. They were so accommodating. As soon as we told them it was our wedding wknd they upgraded us to a corner suite, and sent us complimentary champagne and fruit. Staff was friendly and hotel restaurant had great food. Would recommend

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank JodieL2618
Dear JodieL2618,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel could be part of your celebration.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Although not our first stay in New York, it was our first at a Trump Hotel and our first stay in Soho.

Our original room on the 38th floor was lovely but because of a problem we were then moved to a room further down the corridor which turned out to be a one bed suite on the corner and was absolutely fantastic, with stunning views of New York.

The room had everything you would expect, good bedlinen, towels, robes and toiletries. A good shower, twin hand basins and hairdryer, which could be plugged in to the bathroom.

All of the staff we met were really helpful (we only had one blip when we moved rooms), everyone is very friendly and there is quite a relaxed atmosphere throughout. We will definitely stay there again, and would certainly recommend it.

The main problem I think they have is the soundproofing - or lack of. We could hear the man in the room next door who was only talking, also music was playing in the room either above or below us one night when we came back after dinner. We Iive in the centre of London, so to a certain extent noise isn't a problem for us, but if anyone was bothered particularly at night, it might be a bit tricky for them.

When we collected our key were were pleased to see their GM is Andreas Oberoi, we have stayed at hotels when he was manager in Majorca and Sardinia.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sun Lounge Lizard
Dear Sun Lounge Lizard,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay, and I am pleased that our paths crossed again.

Please do let me know if I can assist with any future reservations.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights in February. We requested a high floor, Hudson River view room. We were placed on the 41st floor and got tons of light and sun with the floor-to-ceiling window. Room is very good sized for NY standards and has fabulous bathroom. Service is impecable. Only downside is that the bedroom walls are rather thin and there was spillover noise from our neighboors TV and his conversation arriving late at night. Location is superb.

Room Tip: Request high floor rooms to guarantee a spectactular view. West side view has afternoon sun. East si...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flavia M
Dear Flavia M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the view. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 11 March 2012

It's a wonderful hotel,I will definitely go there again!!!!Great location,friendly staff,amazing view from the room(we stayed at 22nd floor).Easy access to Broadway,5th Avenue,excellent food at the restaurant.It's one of the best hotels I've ever been!!!We got room upgrade,and after a loooong flight we found chocolate covered( huge )strawberry in the room!It's our only choice when we'll return to New York.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EVALEXIA
Dear EVALEXIA,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to your return.