“Great massages, if you understand what you're getting.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
iDO Holistic Center
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've had nice, gentle massages like you get on holiday in a resort, and I've had Zen Shiatsu massage where it's more about stretching and breathing and I've had the Shiatsu massages as offered here, which is what I consider massage therapy over wispy vacation massages (which I do enjoy, don't get me wrong).

I survived a pretty narly health scare just over two years ago involving blood clots, with many months of recovery. The result was a very tight back and neck, to the point I developed aural migraines. I needed massage therapy to work out the intense pressure and stress in my body. I went for the Shiatsu massage, which is based on pressure points and circulation, just the thing for circulation and blood clot issues.

I've been going here for a year now, and my migraines are greatly reduced. My back and neck are slowly but surely loosening up. I do ask my massage therapist to really work hard, she has hands of steel and knows when to lighten up on my most sensitive areas. Her hard work and my dedication are paying off, I am feeling loads better and this sharp lower back pain I had for months after my embolisms is finally, FINALLY gone.

So for me, this is a fantastic place. It's quiet, peaceful, clean rooms. My massage therapist definitely, without a doubt, earns her paycheck dealing with me. I highly recommend if you need actual massage therapy. If you're looking for something more relaxing, with more high end frills (the type of spa treatment I look for when on holiday), then look elsewhere. If you're looking to really work on your body and get your circulation flowing, then come here.

On occasion they have a groupon special which is less than 40 bucks for a 50 minute massage. Give that a try!

3  Thank Lulugirlgoing

Reviewed 9 September 2012

This place sucks! It is pure garbage. Had a so called massage that was the worst ever by some crazed looking dude. How the hell do you massage someone through a damn sheet? The place was bleak looking and when I left the receptionist wasnted me to leave a 20% tip. I picked up the tip and left because a tip was joy deserved. Stay far away from this hell hole.

2  Thank StarrcommaRock
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This place is awful; no customer service and are extremely rude. Take your money elsewhere for a more relaxing experience.

1  Thank bew603
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My Husband purchased the Groupon for me for our trip to NYC. I was very nervous going in because I have read several reviews where they have not treated Groupon customers very nicely or as they would treat a regular customer. The door that you enter off the street to get to the elevator was very private and I wasn't sure what to expect. Once the elevator doors open, you walk out directly into the place. A man behind the desk greeted me. He was all business, but wasn't rude. He had me fill out a form just as most massage places do to get a feel for what type of massage you are looking for. Once all of the was out of the way, he led me to the ladies locker room where I was to change into just a towel (which barely covered everything) and head to the sauna. There is a lock on the locker room door so if you are modest like I am, that's good. I was the first appointment of the day (11:30) so there were no other customers there at the time I was. The sauna is just a couple doors down from the locker room. It was a little weird because the sauna door has a big window so anyone walking by can see you sitting in your towel. If there were other customers there at the same time in the sauna, I would have been very uncomfortable. When you are done in the sauna, you head to the shower. I didn't bring anything extra as far as soap, shampoo, etc. They had all of that in the shower in dispensers. They also have some products in the locker room if you need them. After the shower, I walked back to the locker room to change into my robe. Again, if there were other people there, I would have been very uncomfortable walking in only a towel. BTW, the 30 minutes for the sauna and shower starts as soon as they have you change in the locker room. That was fine since I wasn't really there to experience the sauna. I could have done without that. I walked down to the room my massage was to be in. The lady who did my massage was named Mal-mi. She was very sweet and professional. You could leave your robe on or off for the massage. They also put a sheet over you and cover everything the entire time. She massages over the sheet, but it was very relaxing still. I actually fell asleep for a little bit. It was one of the best massages I've ever had. The room was quiet and peaceful. The door was shut the entire time and I heard the phone ring once towards the very end. No big deal. After the massage, I went back to the locker room to change back into my clothes and then went to the front desk to tip, etc. The only thing they forgot was the sake that was supposed to be with the deal, but Sake is not my thing so it didn't bother me.
Overall, it was a good experience. A lot better than I thought it would be. The place is nice and clean and has a relaxing feel to it for the most part. Mal-mi was very appreciative for my tip and was just very nice. She stood with me at the elevator until I left. Pretty good experience as a 'Grouponer'!

1  Thank Lindsay P
Reviewed 13 July 2010

After a hectic week in NYC, my wife and I were looking forward to a 90 minute message at Ido that we had gotten through Groupon. It is located on the 8th floor of a non-descript on 45th street. The "spa" is nothing more than a non-descript floor in that building...absolutely nothing to make you feel like you're embarking on a "spa-like" experience. Our 90 minute sessions were basically 60 minutes message sessions that started out with a 30 minute session sitting in a sauna. That seemed kind of like a joke to both of us. But the real joke was the massage. Both of us were deeply disappointed in the massage we received. Our room was close to the reception area and the phone was constantly ringing presumably from Groupon customers wanting to set up appointments. Remarkably, each of the masseuses left our door open a little and this made the phone ringing even more annoying because we had to keep hearing the answering machine pick up and telling people to leave a message. Even more remarkably, each masseuse left the room for about 5 minutes during the massage to talk on the phone. They did not add any time on to our massage for this either. After wards, when my wife and I were in the dressing room we both talked about the experience in utter disbelief. We both agreed this was the worst massage experience we'd ever had. Even as Groupon customers, we felt totally ripped off. Instead of relaxing us, we felt more uptight than when we came in. I've had dozens of massage experiences in various cities and this was undoubtedly the worst. Not sure how this place survives unless are experience was an anomaly. Perhaps they treat Groupon customers differently but that's a big mistake. Even apart from the massage, the place is not impressive at all. I've been in other NY spas that were not all that impressive but had great massage experiences.

6  Thank tilbee