“Unexpectedly good”

Got a photo?
Add it.
iDO Holistic Center
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I used a Living Social coupon and had a terrible time on the phone trying to make an appointment before the coupon expired...lots of please call back kind of pick-ups. Eventually got an appointment for a month later.
But the actual appointment turned out to be terrific. Took a few minutes and a simple form to get set up and the place was clean, comfortable (no frills) and the Shiatsu massage was excellent. Unusual to get a massage covered by a bedsheet for me but it hit all the sore/pain points and was rather excellent. I would try and go back...they have $225 for 3 massages deals which to me are totally worth it now.
There were some reviews about it being loud but wasn't my experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very clean. The sauna is excellent. They offer deals if you purchase in advance. They are kind. The acupuncture is a good service. Shiatsu is excellent. I had the best shiatsu treatment so far by Mal-mi. Their hours are a real plus for me.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I purchased an online deal for IDO and planned on using it whilst on holiday-4 weeks from now. I phoned to arrange a booking only to be told the next available appointment was 2 whole months away!!! When I asked for a specific date in April, I was answered within 1/2 a second to tell me they were fully booked! I don't even think they bothered to look to be honest.
I don't know what they would be like for full paying customers but customer service was extremely unhelpful as soon as they found out I had a voucher! Why bother advertising on deals sites if you refuse to allow any free spaces for customers to use their vouchers! Waste of time!! The whole idea about going on the deal sites is to attract new custom- good luck with that IDO!!! Not impressed.

1  Thank nic1821
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went there for a couples massage with my husband, we booked a 75 minute Swedish massage with a 15 minute add-on (we selected Reflexology). The place is located on the third floor, spacious and clean. The staff is Japanese as it's supposed to be, very friendly and polite. To be honest, I was expecting a little more as far as amenities: the locker room is super tiny with little to no privacy, but was OK. The sauna is small, good thing that we were the only people in there otherwise I would have felt a little awkward. The shower is just a regular shower, but it's nice that they provide one. Our massage room was close to the lockers and the bathroom, so we could hear people walk by and slamming doors the WHOLE time, which was not really relaxing; people in teh lobby seemed not to care and did not keep their voices dow, I could barely hear the soft music playing in my room. Ami was great, the massage was really nice and I left feeling very well; the bad thing is that my husband's masseuse was a little chatty and kept going on and off the table, causing a terrible squeaking sound evey time. The massage table were not comfortable, I would suggest the manager to upgrade them and get a more a padded version instead, it was like lying on bare wood at some point; plus boththerapists didn't use the proper rolls under the ankles and calves unless we mentioned it, they are supposed to be used to relieve pressure depending on how you are lying down, which otherwise can cause distress on your back and feet. Overall it was a decent experience, which made it more appealing was that we didn't pay full price as we purchased teh package through a Groupon. Another big disappointment: I had initially booked the session for Feb 15th far in advance (Valentine's day weekend), but a week and a half prior to the scheduled day they called me telling me that they needed to cancel my appointment because they had overbooked it by accident, without offering any kind of additional discount or add-on to apologize - I assume that as it was Valentine's day weekend they preferred to give my appointment to someone who was willing to pay full price for it. Probably, I will not go back there.

1  Thank Alice_W85
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Upon entering this 3rd story wellness center, you are asked to take off your shoes and wear slippers that they provide. This a simple, clean facility staffed by a polite, professional crew. I was given an intake form which allowed me to inform the staff if I had any medical issues or sensitive areas. After completing the form, I was given a full size bath towel and full length robe. I was directed to the womens changing room and given a key for a locker. Before my scheduled massage, I was allowed to use their sauna which offers dry heat and aromatherapy. On a Saturday afternoon, there was one other person using the sauna. Both myself and the other patron wore robes in the sauna. Before the massage, the staff requests that you take a shower. They provide a clean and simple shower with shampoo, conditioner and bath gel. I was then directed to a massage room and instructed to lay under a sheet. The massage is given over the sheet and is a deep tissue massage that is focused around pressure points and loosens up sore muscles. Many reviewers seem to be uninformed of what a true shiatsu massage is and expect a softer, relaxing massage. The massage here wasn't painful, felt good, and left me feeling great. I highly recommend this place. The staff was Japanese and spoke English, but were happy to repeat anything when I had a hard time understanding. There was no confusion and overall I had a fantastic experience. If you are looking for a pampered spa day, this might not be the place for you. If you are looking for expert shiatsu in a no nonsense setting, check them out!

2  Thank destinationwedphotog