“Massive pizzas!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

We went here at night time for our tea. We walked in and was really confused what we has to do. There was a hot food section where people seemed to be filling up a box themselves and then taking it to the till. How they kept track of who had paid and who hadnt, well i don't know. Me and my friend wanted pizza so she went up and ordered it and then you pay while it's cooking. The pizza was huge, and we has half each. We tried eating it in but the pizza was sooooo hot we xouldnt pick it up. We decided to take it back to our hotel and eat it. Pizza was fairly nice but I've had better!

1  Thank Lynsey A

Reviewed 5 October 2015

You pay for the weight of food you buy. When we first walked in we were greeted by the most rudest person I experienced on our holiday. The food is help yourself but of very poor quality and to top it off you get a plastic plate, knife and folk. We were really disappointed with the quality of the food and the friendliness off the staff. We certainly wouldn't eat here again if we are in New York.

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

I don't understand why everyone associate Sbarro to Italian cuisine. It will be for the name that could sound Italian ( try to invert the 'a' with the 'o' and you'll make laugh an entire nation... ), it will maybe be because of the green white and red or the name of certain meals... But trust me, I'm a food lover, proud of my country cuisine which is something completely different from Sbarro.
The cuisine is just ok, prices are quiet low comparing to Manhattan's others restaurant and the ambient is ugly.
I knew perfectly before to tried it what I was going to do but curiosity is the essence of life..

So, define it a fast food, a cheap restaurant, whatever..
But don't associate it with Italy!
With love,

Luca

1  Thank lucamoche
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Good place if you don't have much time. I recommend the pizza better than the pasta. You can choose from a carriage full of different choices and pay according to what your place weighs. Good system! Reasonable prices but don't expect more than ready prepared food. The good thing is that it's opened till quite late.

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

The pizza is really disappointing in my opinion, nothing special at all! And it's not even the cheapest pizza in the city. Do yourself a favour and go to Artichoke's instead! I actually felt disappointed that I spent money on this! It's just a bit of a Tourist Trap, nothing authentic or delicious or special about it!