“Poor customer service ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Walked in here 15 minutes before end of breakfast(we didn't know)...asked cashier if they gave military discount...she was really rude..I then asked to speak to manager which was a young Indian lady...she was standing next to her the whole time smiling...she said I'm the manager...she never said anything
...we walked out...don't get treated bad..especially when your paying for something...

1  Thank Crescencio H

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

We visited this place for lunch time. We ordered pizzas and salads. We liked the food, and the salads were fresh. This was the second time we ate at Sbarro.
If you want a quick lunch and around times square, this can be a choice for you.
The place is big enough and has restroom, which made us happy after walking along the street.

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

We went here at night time for our tea. We walked in and was really confused what we has to do. There was a hot food section where people seemed to be filling up a box themselves and then taking it to the till. How they kept track of who had paid and who hadnt, well i don't know. Me and my friend wanted pizza so she went up and ordered it and then you pay while it's cooking. The pizza was huge, and we has half each. We tried eating it in but the pizza was sooooo hot we xouldnt pick it up. We decided to take it back to our hotel and eat it. Pizza was fairly nice but I've had better!

1  Thank Lynsey A
Reviewed 5 October 2015

You pay for the weight of food you buy. When we first walked in we were greeted by the most rudest person I experienced on our holiday. The food is help yourself but of very poor quality and to top it off you get a plastic plate, knife and folk. We were really disappointed with the quality of the food and the friendliness off the staff. We certainly wouldn't eat here again if we are in New York.

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

I don't understand why everyone associate Sbarro to Italian cuisine. It will be for the name that could sound Italian ( try to invert the 'a' with the 'o' and you'll make laugh an entire nation... ), it will maybe be because of the green white and red or the name of certain meals... But trust me, I'm a food lover, proud of my country cuisine which is something completely different from Sbarro.
The cuisine is just ok, prices are quiet low comparing to Manhattan's others restaurant and the ambient is ugly.
I knew perfectly before to tried it what I was going to do but curiosity is the essence of life..

So, define it a fast food, a cheap restaurant, whatever..
But don't associate it with Italy!
With love,