“An old fashioned American pastry shop in manhattan.”

Two Little Red Hens
Ranked #3 of 444 Dessert in New York City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Virtually everything that I have tasted over the last five years has been delicious. The Brooklyn Blackout Cake and the Boston Cream pie are magical.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

These are the best cupcakes I have ever had ! I looooove the red velvet and the carrot cake especially ! so delicous it is worth the price and the wait.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

After such a fantastic experience on my first visit to Two Little Red Hens, I decided to make the trip back uptown and was super excited. When I entered the chaotic little bakery, some of that excitement died down.

This place has now been discovered by locals and tourist alike and the service and quality has suffered a bit. My last trip, this was a quaint, relaxed, and enjoyable experience. It felt like we left NYC and were eating in some little local bakery miles away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

This time, that wasn't the case! It felt like we were in New York, that's for sure. There were lines, there was noise, and it just didn't feel the same.

Sure the desserts were still tasty, but the place was messy, tables hadn't been cleared, and the service was lackluster to keep up with the demands. Oh well, that's success... I suppose?

I still recommend the place, as it hits the spot when you are crazing quality sweets... but I'm in no hurry back. May need a bigger location, second location, or more people working at the joint.

3.5/5 this go-around... 6/5 last time! Balances out to a solid 4/5 still...

3  Thank Donkey2016
Reviewed 16 April 2016

When we first walked by the Two Little Red Hens bakery from our rental apt. around the corner, there was a line out past the front door. We went in the next day and purchased cheese cake, banana nut bread, 2 red velvet cupcakes, and 2 key lime pie cupcakes. All were enjoyed within 2 days. Bought some banana nut bread for the plane ride home. Wow!! A great little bakery, very fresh. light and not too sweet.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Ducked into the small bakery to try a slice of their cheesecake and it was easily one of the best NYC decisions I have made. Also appreciate they have tiny cupcakes along with normal cupcakes.