“I wanted NYC oriental”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: between 11th & 12th streets
Transit: Take A, B, C, D, E to West 4th (north exit) 1,2 or 3 to 14th (south exit) F, M, L and PATH at 14th Street & 6th Ave.
Description: Kin Shop is a contemporary Thai restaurant opened by Chef Harold Dieterle and Alicia Nosenzo. The duo chose the name, Kin Shop, because “kin,” is the Thai word for “to eat” and the restaurant is the “kin” to their acclaimed restaurant Perilla, a mere seven-minute walk away. Kin Shop’s menu features both contemporary reinterpretations of traditional Thai dishes and wholly new items inspired by Thai ingredients. Complementing Kin Shop’s menu (which is meant to be shared), are Thai-influenced specialty cocktails, a 75-label, spice-friendly international wine list with many bottles priced under $50, and a diverse globe-spanning selection of beers, many from small, craft producers. The casual, but polished setting features comfortable banquettes, a long granite bar, and a chef’s counter for walk-in dining with a front-row view.
Reviewed 12 November 2015

My nephew who lives and works in NYC recommended this restaurant! Very authentic Thai - never had anything like it! I can't even describe what we had as I had my nephews order for me - but I must say everything was fresh and delicious - worth every penny and not real expensive - I'd go back again - service was impeccable - friendly and precise. Cocktails were delicious - from what I can tell, the menu varies often so it's easy to return again and again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Apparently the owner/chef is off of some reality TV cooking thing. Being from the UK we have no idea who they are. But we can say that the food speaks for itself. Delicious, melt-in-mouth massaman goat curry, well spiced and well portioned. Beef curry was an intriguing delight. Sticky rice, a recommended house special, was also great. Very difficult to fault and a culinary highlight during our East Coast trip.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Great food.. Goat Masaman Curry very taste full of flavor..
The Duck Laab Salad was very spicy...coming from a person eats spicy food

Reviewed 1 October 2015

My friends & I tried 6 dishes on a recent Sat. nite. The restaurant is attractive and the staff very friendly and good at their jobs. 3 or 4 of the dishes were outstanding, memorable: roti app, octopus and brisket khao soi mains, and lime ice cream sundae. The cauliflower main was right up there. Pad thai, something I've had scores of times (including Bangkok) wasn't anything special, nor was the huge portion of coconut cake. Reasonably priced beers were consumed. Corkage was an exorbitant $30. Overall, a resto that deserves its excellent press.

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

a west village late 2010s classic. Nice Friday night dinner spot. Make sure to order the rice and condiments. Service at the tables were great. Bartenders need work.