“Wonderful food in interesting varities”
Review of Kin Shop - CLOSED

Kin Shop
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: between 11th & 12th streets
Transit: Take A, B, C, D, E to West 4th (north exit) 1,2 or 3 to 14th (south exit) F, M, L and PATH at 14th Street & 6th Ave.
Description: Kin Shop is a contemporary Thai restaurant opened by Chef Harold Dieterle and Alicia Nosenzo. The duo chose the name, Kin Shop, because “kin,” is the Thai word for “to eat” and the restaurant is the “kin” to their acclaimed restaurant Perilla, a mere seven-minute walk away. Kin Shop’s menu features both contemporary reinterpretations of traditional Thai dishes and wholly new items inspired by Thai ingredients. Complementing Kin Shop’s menu (which is meant to be shared), are Thai-influenced specialty cocktails, a 75-label, spice-friendly international wine list with many bottles priced under $50, and a diverse globe-spanning selection of beers, many from small, craft producers. The casual, but polished setting features comfortable banquettes, a long granite bar, and a chef’s counter for walk-in dining with a front-row view.
Reviewed 17 December 2015

We had dinner with friends and enjoyed everything from Thai dishes to crepes to acquatic vegetables, duck and calmari. Excellent drinks also.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

I came here yesterday eve with a friend. This place is bustling! Really liked the food. We had the pork and shrimp fritters, fried spicy brusselsprouts with Chinese sausage and as a main we shared the brisket curry. The food was definitely different and very good. The only thing I didn't like was that we were rushed to leave as soon as we had finished our dinner. I get that they have to move people to seat new customers but I think they could have struck a better balance between seating new customers and letting us be for couple of minutes be fuer shushing us out. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend this place if you want to try some thai food which is different to your fried rice and pad thai.

Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

Food was very tasty especially the duck lettuce wraps and the goat curry. Not easy to find good goat curry but this was very good. Nice service and friendly vibe will definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

My nephew who lives and works in NYC recommended this restaurant! Very authentic Thai - never had anything like it! I can't even describe what we had as I had my nephews order for me - but I must say everything was fresh and delicious - worth every penny and not real expensive - I'd go back again - service was impeccable - friendly and precise. Cocktails were delicious - from what I can tell, the menu varies often so it's easy to return again and again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Apparently the owner/chef is off of some reality TV cooking thing. Being from the UK we have no idea who they are. But we can say that the food speaks for itself. Delicious, melt-in-mouth massaman goat curry, well spiced and well portioned. Beef curry was an intriguing delight. Sticky rice, a recommended house special, was also great. Very difficult to fault and a culinary highlight during our East Coast trip.