“Excellent Stay in the Heart of the Big Apple”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #104 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Excellent Stay in the Heart of the Big Apple”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I was hesitant as I booked this hotel because of the uncertainties of New York. Upon arrival, I was instantly impressed. Located in the heart of Times Square, this Hilton is most definitely my request for my next New York visit. When we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and great hospitality. The Big East conference was in New York at the time which meant most hotels in times square and downtown were booked, so we had to settle for a king room. Front Desk offered us a roll away bed free of charge. I accepted, but was weary of such a great gesture. The bed was sent up immediately! Nice, smiling, and very courteous maintenance worker. The room was immaculate! Very nice view from the 27th floor! Just beautiful especially at night. The bed was soft, bathrooms spotless, and the overall ambiance was more than I imagined for such a great price through Travelocity. They even offered the use of a microwave with no additional charge. The concierge attendants were our lifesavers; especially Renee! Such hospitality helped us have a smooth, exciting, and informative experience in New York!
I will stay at this Hilton on my next trip to New York!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shezdabest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,387)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Marvin at the front desk was incredibly helpful making my reservation and the whole staff were great!! Ross

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ross F
Ireland
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton, the location was right in Time Square so easy to get everywhere form that point. The room was large size, clean and comfortable with great views down to Times Square. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. To access the hotel you need to take a lift 20 floors from the lobby to the reception and as we were staying on a high floor we had to take another lift up a further 20 stories..... not good when you have a phobia about lifts :)

We didn't eat in the hotel as there was so many options to choose from just outside the main door of the hotel. It was really close to the Port Authority building which was great when we went to Woodbury common for the day. We also found it handy for breakfast on some of mornings. I think for the price we paid it was a little expensive and we have stayed in hotels just as nice a few streets away for half of the price. If I got a deal on this hotel I would stay again otherwise I would look around.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My short stay in New York was completely ruined by theft of my iPad from my hotel room and the poor way the incident was dealt with. Rather than helping me report the incident to police staff said we must have mislaid it and tried to fob us off saying they would look into it. When it was clear the next day they had done nothing we walked to the police station ourselves to report it. Only once it was reported to police did the hotel even acknowledge the incident may have taken place but the 'investigation' which followed was a joke. It took Hilton Times Square 7 weeks of me chasing and them ignoring me to say they were going to refer my claim to a claim mgmt company Gallagher Bassett Services. I then waited another 8 weeks for an organisation even more useless than them to 'investigate' (do nothing) and then when chased advise me there was no evidence to support my claim.
Absolutely disgusting customer service, I will never trust hotel staff again with any of my valuables. Extremely disappointing that a chain such as Hilton don't value their customers and their brands reputation more than this.

• Stayed November 2011
7 Thank HoganKnowsBest
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We care for the safety and well being of all of our guest who chose to stay with us. We advise all of our guest to make use of the in room safe or safe deposit boxes available by request at our front desk. We take all reports of missing items very seriously and take steps to investigate all claims big or small. We did everything thing in our power to investigate this matter thoroughly as soon as it was reported to us. The Managers and staff were interviewed and the room lock was checked by our Director of Security. At the conclusion of this investigation, the matter was sent to the hotel’s insurance claims company who at the end of the day make the final decision on matters such as this. We in no way want to give you the impression that we don’t care. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.
Singapore
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel Times Square and the overall experience of the staff was excellent. Right from Dino at the "temporary" lobby entrance, alex and jorge at the bell desk, to Irene at the concierge and ms. mistikova in housekeeping - the team hilton was all smiles, wonderful greetings and made our stay warm in the otherwise chilly new york weather. Keep up the good work, and when the renovations are complete I am sure it will be a great place to re-visit - which I hope to do in April.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better since the hotel is undergoing a renovation. But just a great location with...