“What a terrific Broadway musical, but not for the closed minded” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Book of Mormon

Fee: Yes
North Carolina
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“What a terrific Broadway musical, but not for the closed minded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I absolutely loved The Book of Mormon and thought it was worth every penny of the full Broadway ticket price! We booked our tickets well in advance, right after the Tony nominations came out. It's not for the ultra-conservative and I wouldn't recommend it for children or young teens, but I saw it with a group from the Bible belt and we all laughed and cheered. Andrew Rannells was terrific, and though the other lead (Josh Gad) didn't perform that night, his understudy was very good. The whole cast had superb voices, excellent comic timing and the dancing was great too. The score is terrific, with very memorable melodies accompanied by clever (if sometimes very explicit) lyrics. Obviously, the strong language and the sacrilegious nature of the story may offend some, but I loved it all--the music, the sets, and the humor, and the message. It seemed to me that anyone who sat through the whole show would feel the overall message of the show is positive and inspiring. (BTW, at intermission we spotted Stacey Keach, currently performing in "Other Desert Cities" in the audience.) The souvenir program was $25, but had much more than just color photos of the show--there was a lot of very interesting content the creative team included about their development process in creating the story, the sets, the costumes, etc. and I found it to be well worth the price. (And I thought it was interesting that instead of a Gideon Bible in our hotel room nightstand, there was a copy of the Book of Mormon!)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Warren, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Most original production to hit Broadway in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

If you are looking for something fresh and funny in a Broadway musical than The Book Of Mormon is for you. It took some time to get tickets,but it was worth the wait. While the subject matter might be inappropriate if you are too conservative, it is original, creative, and well produced with a talented cast, clever score, and well done scenery and lighting. It is easy to see why it was nominated for and won some many awards. I look forward to seeing it again sometime.

Visited February 2012
Brooklyn, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Musical-smiled from beginning to end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I did not think I was going to like this musical, as I am not a South Park fan. WOW was I surprised!!! It is now on my list of best musicals. Hysterically funny-so over the top, you have to laugh. The cast was AMAZING. GO and see it. Is it overpriced-yes-but you will enjoy! My teenage daughter loved it-its now one of her all time favorites. (She was a big "Drowsy Chaperone" fan). See it with this cast!

Visited January 2012
VA
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Hilarious, well done and a great show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We really enjoy Broadway shows and Book of Mormon was the best one we have seen. The actors were very accomplished, very good at physical comedy and had amazing voices. The show had some great lines, great songs and was so funny. A really enjoyable evening and a great time. Technically and artistically extremely well done. The national tour starts soon and will be worth seeing if you can't make it to NYC.

Spokane, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't go if you are easily offended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

If you can't take every boundary of propriety being crossed, don't go to this play. If you can, and want to laugh until you cry, GO!