“Revolutionary War Tour - Outstanding experience”
Review of Patriot Tours

Civil War Era Walking Tour of NYC
Ranked #129 of 639 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Patriot Tours conducts Revolutionary War, Hamilton & Burr and Civil War Era walking tours of Lower Manhattan. We'll take you through the oldest parts of New York City and imagine it as it once was. You'll have a fantastically entertaining time while learning about the city's impressive history!
Reviewed 3 July 2017

During a trip to NYC with my daughter, I decided to venture out and join a Revolutionary War Tour. Our tour guide, Karen Q, was incredibly knowledgeable and her excitement about the city's history was contagious. I also appreciated how she took time to answer questions, and geared some of her tour for the two younger children who were in our small group. She was a fabulous history story teller, and I would happily go on one of her tours again.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I grew up in NY and knew quite a bit about its history but this tour just blew me away. Karen Q was outstanding. She was incredibly knowledgeable, we learned a lot and at the same time had a great amount of fun!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We met our guide at City Hall Park and walked all throughout lower Manhattan following the path of history. Karen, our guide, was very knowledgable of the time period and the area. When it was pouring the rain, she knew right where to go where we would get the least wet. Make sure you wear good walking shoes and prepare for the weather. We had an umbrella, but you may want to have a poncho if the forecast calls for rain. I would book a tour with her again!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Met up with Karen at City Hall Park, where the tour (and a lot of history) began. Karen is passionate about the area's and era's history, and her knowledge is encyclopedic, but never dry. She deftly routed us around the protests and construction projects of modern day lower Manhattan as she wove fascinating tales of historical personages and how their actions affected the outcome of our nation. The pace was leisurely, with many stops along the way, including a visit to the recently restored St. Paul's Church. Karen was very receptive to questions and always had a detailed answer at the ready. She had 'visual aides' in the form of copies of antique maps and documents, so that, for instance, you could see where the waterfront used to be before the shoreline was filled in to create a wider island, and you could read 'broadsheets' of the day, which helped to fan the flames of foment. I took this tour on the morning of my birthday and I was pleased to have such a great experience. This tour is informative, educational and lots of fun. Karen is a wealth of knowledge, but at the same time very charming and welcoming. Most enjoyable and highly recommended! Thanks Karen from Rick and Steve

Karen Q, Owner at Patriot Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

You're welcome! Thanks, again, for taking the tour, and for the wonderful review. - Karen

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Karen Q provided an excellent history of Hamilton and Burr and their encounters leading up to the fateful duel. She is an expert historian and shared countless interesting stories and facts about the lives of these two men. I highly recommend this tour as a great introduction and background to the play as well as a fascinating look at their role in influencing US history