“Highly Recommend!”

Civil War Era Walking Tour of NYC
Ranked #121 of 633 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Patriot Tours conducts Revolutionary War, Hamilton & Burr and Civil War Era walking tours of Lower Manhattan. We'll take you through the oldest parts of New York City and imagine it as it once was. You'll have a fantastically entertaining time while learning about the city's impressive history!
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Did this tour on 7/10/17 with my two teen boys. We all enjoyed it immensely. I cannot say enough about Karen. She was very informed, prepared, friendly and enthusiastic. She answered all questions the participants had. She recreated the atmosphere of the time so well. If you're into American history or NYC history, book this tour! You won't regret it.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This was a very good, informative tour. The facts provided were well researched. Karen was a very good guide and kept the tour interesting. I would recommend this to everyone, especially families. It brings the history of our nation to you.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

These are must do tours during your visit to NYC! My husband and I were there this past late April - early May 2017 and we arranged the 2 separate tours with Karen Q. She was a fantastic story teller and she went at our group's pace and patiently answered our questions in factual detail. As for the Civil War tour which she had not planned on doing during that time she made a special exception for us and she was wonderful. If we get back to NYC which we hope to do we will see what new tours she has to offer or if not then sign up again because I'm sure we'll learn something new and we would not be bored whatsoever. Thanks for the memories Karen. Charles and Deb from San Antonio, TX.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

During a trip to NYC with my daughter, I decided to venture out and join a Revolutionary War Tour. Our tour guide, Karen Q, was incredibly knowledgeable and her excitement about the city's history was contagious. I also appreciated how she took time to answer questions, and geared some of her tour for the two younger children who were in our small group. She was a fabulous history story teller, and I would happily go on one of her tours again.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I grew up in NY and knew quite a bit about its history but this tour just blew me away. Karen Q was outstanding. She was incredibly knowledgeable, we learned a lot and at the same time had a great amount of fun!