“Hamilton and Burr historical walking tour”
Review of Patriot Tours

Civil War Era Walking Tour of NYC
Ranked #123 of 640 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Patriot Tours conducts Revolutionary War, Hamilton & Burr and Civil War Era walking tours of Lower Manhattan. We'll take you through the oldest parts of New York City and imagine it as it once was. You'll have a fantastically entertaining time while learning about the city's impressive history!
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This was a great walking tour in lower Manhattan, which was the extent of New York City in the early 1800's. Karen was a fun and very knowledgable guide. Her enthusiasm of the subject made for a great tour!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Excellent tour. History was brought to life! Karen Q was a fantastic guide. I'm looking forward to my next tour with her.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is an excellent tour whether you are a history geek like me or someone who just wants to learn more about American History in NY.

Many years ago 7,8,9 I had done the excellent Revolutionary War tour and the end of the tour she gave me her card and told me that she was going to be doing a Civil War tour soon. Many years later when cleaning I found the card and checked to see if the tour was running and found that in addition to the Civil War tour their was also a Hamilton Burr tour.

I did the Hamilton Burr tour on Saturday morning and the walking tour of lower Manhattan encompassing the sites related to the two of them, St Paul's Church, Federal Hall, the Bank of NY amongst others and ending at Trinity Church where Hamilton is buried.

Karen knows her stuff and tells a great story of the two founding fathers and answers all your questions. Just as a note the tour does not visit The Grange, Hamilton's house, or Weehawken, site of the duel

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Did this tour on 7/10/17 with my two teen boys. We all enjoyed it immensely. I cannot say enough about Karen. She was very informed, prepared, friendly and enthusiastic. She answered all questions the participants had. She recreated the atmosphere of the time so well. If you're into American history or NYC history, book this tour! You won't regret it.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This was a very good, informative tour. The facts provided were well researched. Karen was a very good guide and kept the tour interesting. I would recommend this to everyone, especially families. It brings the history of our nation to you.