“The Best Bagel and Lox Ever!”
Review of Ess-a-Bagel

Ess-a-Bagel
Ranked #14 of 390 Bakeries in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 2 July 2015

We saw a line forming outside this restaurant from across the street. Of course we were curious so we went to find out. We asked, why are you in line? The response, for bagels! We happily got in line to try a bagel. My bagel, cream cheese and lox was so big I couldn't eat all of it. Yummy.

There are newer reviews for Ess-a-Bagel

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

I've eaten bagels all my life. Had 'em from many different places. Always heard that NYC had some of the best and two different people told me that I had to try Ess-A-Bagel.
Glad I did. I now know where the best bagels are!
Yes, the line can take 20-30 min at times, but not usually. And the staff are actually very nice. Just don't go to the counter when it is your turn and THEN first try to decide what you want (kinda rude to all the folks in line behind you). The menus are posted, so it is easy to order.
I will say... best toasted everything bagel with lox and cream cheese I've ever had. OK, so the calories undo all that walking you get in while visiting NYC, but it is worth it!

1  Thank Fantastech
Reviewed 1 July 2015

A damn good bagel with a lox shmear in an authentically brown wood paneled 70s-ish deli. (Native NYer here). Huge line on Sunday morning (mostly tourists). If you just want takeout bagels and cream cheese only, there's a special counter in the back with its own very short line. Feel free to shove past the main line and head to the back for your bag of bagels.
I had fun explaining to Swedes and South Africans what all the foods were and to be sure to order the bagel toasted!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

go ther early. long line. worth the wait!! the coffee, the toppings, the carrot cake. It is all delicious

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

The bagel I ordered was okay, not great. However, the employees were rude to customers. I will be looking for a new bagel shop with nice employees. Customer service is everything.