“A taste of Paris”

La Madison Laduree
Ranked #30 of 444 Dessert in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Description: The history of Parisian tea rooms is intimately tied to the history of the Ladurée family. It all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from the southwest of France, founded a bakery in Paris at 16 rue Royale. The story of the Ladurée macaron began in the mid-20th century with Pierre Desfontaines, second cousin of Louis Ernest Ladurée, who had the delicious idea of creating a double macaron, two simple macaron shells joined in the middle by a luscious filling. And the rest, as they say, is history. Today, Ladurée is not only the "Fabricant de Douceurs depuis 1862" (Maker of Sweets since 1862), but also a global company bringing the French Art de Vivre to the world.
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I came here for a nice breakfast with my husband. We ordered chocolate croissants and cafe viennois ( coffee with fresh whipped cream), and it was delicious. The quality of both the coffee and the croissants is so easy to taste. It's really a taste of France and it is delicious! We also got a chocolate religieuse and that was delicious as well. There are only a few tables, but if you get a chance, have a seat and slowly enjoy a nice treat here. It's a nice escape and incredibly delicious.

1  Thank Domfas

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I go here whenever I am visiting something nearby. It has various french pastries and macarons. The pastries and very good, the macarons are good but not the best I've had in NYC. The staff can be short and a bit rude, depending on who is serving you. I once had a man who worked here treat me like I didn't have enough money for what I was purchasing (stuff like that). I just roll my eyes and ignore.

1  Thank Danalovestotravel79
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

These French treats are simply magnificent! Several times a week these products are flown in directly from France to your mouth. The freshness and flavors can be overwhelming because these macaroons are quite simply works of art that you can eat. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Even if you are not into macaron nor desert stuff, I strongly recommend this place and check out. I am not a sweet food person, but every time when I visit NYC, I have to stop at this place and make sure I can the macaron, whether for myself or for a gift.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Its a lovely pattiserie and has small tables. Macarons are wonderful. However, the staffs can be more polite.