“Come From Away”

Ranked #210 of 1,153 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great experience at this theatre. I was with a large group, and our tickets were in the top section, but the seats were great. We could see and hear the music, singing, and speaking.

Come From Away is a must-see, AND speaks to how foreigners should be embraced. A lesson many could learn these days . . .

All reviews
"great theatre"
"true story"
"box seats"
in 2 reviews
"great view of the stage"
"entire audience"
"front row"
"cast"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Saw a lovely musical Come From Away though could hardly enjoy as on my way in they have all the ladies open their purses and thinking they were searching for firearms I opened my purse and the lady saw a bag from Juniors restaurant and said whats in the bag and I said a sandwich and she said no food allowed in the theatre and pointed to a trash can right by the queue. In all the years I day trip to NYC and take a half sandwich from lunch for the train I have never had anyone do this kind of search and this includes Lincoln Center and Radio City Music Hall. I got the feeling they were eyeballing my restaurant bag and the staff would be having my dinner once everyone entered the theatre. I would never recommend this theatre to anyone and really think they need to stop that practice. People who plan to day trip and have lunch first need to be aware. I am still incensed over it. Also fyi this theatre is older and has very cramped seating and not staggered or tiered so hard to see over the person in front.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

A nicely done musical about a small 7k population dealing with 9/11STANDARD American passanger .they gave food shelter and opened their home to strangers.A Real human kindness rarely seen in this meter listing world A true story .Emotional but worth every penny CHEERS GANDER. Newfoundland and Canada

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We saw the musical Come From Away at the Schoenfeld Theatre. It was excellent! We really enjoyed it. The theatre itself is very nice. There are seats at the end of the rows that have a limited view of the stage. This is not noted when you are buying the tickets. Thankfully we had a great view of the stage, but there were others not very far away who did not. It does not seem fair not to let buyers know that. The workers minding the line outside did not do a great job. We were told to move to another line, and then told to go back where we had started. Could have been handled better...