Cachet Boutique
US$226
US$196
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$173
US$135
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$152
  • Room Service
US$267
  • Room Service
Sofitel New York(New York City)
US$349
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$144
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$199
US$290
US$269
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$150
  • Fitness centre
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$195
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsshared roomspa areasteam roomhot tubhell's kitchennew yorktimes squarejavits centerfriendly hotelbunk bedscommon areasthird floorport authorityfew blockshudson rivertubsnoise
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

1 star is being generous. I wish we could say that we stayed at the Cachet Boutique, but unfortunately due to issues within the hotel our night turned into a nightmare ending with us not having a hotel room to sleep in at the Cachet and us scrambling to find a hotel room at 1am.

I don’t want to waste my time on this hotel but I do want to send out a buyer beware. Basically I booked two rooms and cancelled one. They cancelled both without informing me and did not notify me of this. I only got one confirmation email of one room being cancelled
. I arrived at 1am and was told they were sold out and I didn’t have a reservation. No staff member, even senior leadership, that I spoke to would own up to the fact that it was their fault.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew K
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This was not the hotel we booked originally as the other was being upgraded so we were put here via airtours at the last minute and seeing as it was our 50th birthday celebratory holiday we weren't too impressed as we'd booked the trip 8 mths ago.

We checked in and I wasn't told that a 100 Dollars would be taken off my credit card before we even got in the room even though we'd paid upfront via a travel agent.

The hotel is very dark when you walk in and the bedroom was too. The bathroom had extra lighting in though. The shower was great too.

The room had a lovely selection of products you could purchase but I was disappointed that we had to pay for the small bottle of water in the room.
We had 2 lovely double comfortable beds and the cleanliness overall was very good.

I was up early most morning ringing home and the male receptionist was very friendly and the most helpful of all the staff.

The location is great and very central to everything. We walked miles but that was part of the fun.

The room was cleaned daily and fresh towels were plentiful.

When we checked out then I was told that about the 100 dollar charge on my credit card which would be out back as long as the room wasn't "trashed " and we hadn't used the mini bar!! the abrupt female receptionist words not mine. As we checked out at 11 and did not leave until 2pm I asked her if she has checked the room and had refunded my charge but she said it didn't work like that and that it would go back on my card within 5 to 10 days.

I'm still waiting for the charge to go back onto my credit card. I travel extensively for work and have never been charged like this before and with having to wait for the charge to go back on my credit card . I think it's dreadful.

Overall great location and nice hotel but need to reassess their guest policies and hire more courteous reception staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed three nights at the Cachet Boutique Hotel on West 42nd Street. It was a wonderful location within easy walking distance of Times Square. It was also clean, warm and secure - all we would wish for in a hotel. The staff were informative and very helpful especially the security guard who seemed to be on duty 24 hours a day! I had read reviews stating that the hotel could be noisy but this was not an issue during our stay. I'm not sure about a longer stay due to the lack of wardrobes in the rooms but for a short stay this was ideal.

Stayed: March 2018
Felipe F, Director of Rooms at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Good day Catherine J-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the newly renovated Cachet Boutique Hotel. I'm happy to read your stay was seamless and comfortable. We strive to provide excellent customer service while securing the well being of our guest and staff. Your feedback is valuable to us and will note your wardrobe concern.

We look forward to welcoming you again, please feel free to reach me directly whenever you're back in the big apple.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had several issues with our stay at Cachet Hotel. Short version with main facts: room had several issues, we ask for maintenance and in the next day we realized that $400 was missing from the money that we kept in the safe box. We talk to the manager who was pretty arrogant and tells us he cant investigate because there are no cameras in the corridors and all he could do was refund our money allegation a compensation for the inconvenience in our room. They changed us to a better room but without internet. We asked to repair it or change us again to have wifi in the room and he is very arrogant again and refuses to help us. We then spend 7 days without wifi access. We asked for help from other forms of contact to resolve the issues and it didn't work. The help we got left us without any answer.

The long and complete version: first, our room had some problems: heater was super noisy, cooler for drinks was not functioning, phone in the room was broken, and the drain in the shower was clogged. We complained and asked for a repair, and they only fixed the heater. The repair was made while we were out. In the next day, we realized that somebody changed our code in the safe box. We asked for maintenance and a man came, open the safe box. We asked about what had happened and he literally walked away on us, without answering our questions. We checked our belongings in the safe box and we realized that $400 was missing. We called the manager Felipe and he told us they would investigate, call insurance and he asked us to be back at the hotel by 5pm, that is when his shift ended. We didn't want to because we are on vacation and we wanted to be back to the hotel after dinner, as our plans were away from the hotel, but in order to resolve this issue, we agreed. We came back by 5 and the manager does not receive us and tell us they are going to talk to us in the next day. We, then, changed our plans for nothing!

In the next morning, he tells he cant investigate anything because there are no cameras in the corridor (so the hotel is not safe at all, beware!!) and he just cant say who entered our room. In order to give us back our money, he said they were gonna give us a refund about the amount that was missing but they would classify it as a compensation for all the troubles in our room. They changed us too.a better room. But as soon as we entered the new room.we realized that there was no wifi. They said it should be fixed for the next day. It wasn't. When we talked to Felipe, the manager, he was even more arrogant and said that all the rooms were facing the same problem and he could not do anything. We showed him the wifi functioning in the reception and then he said he wouldn't change us to another room anymore and we should accept the fact that the wifi would not work anymore. We had 6 more nights at the hotel. He said he could do nothing about it and he was pretty arrogant when saying that. He obviously doesn't care about the guests at all.

We were very disappointed but we realize we.should talk to any other person, other than Felipe. We found the contact of the hotel Marketing VP on LinkedIn and we started talking to her, hoping to get at least a decent answer and a compensation for all the troubles we faced in our stay, but after more than a week we still haven't heard back from her.

In the end, unfortunately, we had no compensation for feeling insecure after having our money robbed from the safebox in our room, our first 5 nights were in an old and broken room, then we were moved to a room without wifi and we were there for 7 more nights without internet connection in our room. One night we had to download an update in our cellphone and we had to sit in reception for more than two hours to get wifi. We were mistreated by the arrogant manager Felipe and most of the rest of the staff. We had to ask for the complimentary breakfast several times in the reception, that was a voucher we delivered in the restaurant. Then we were mistreated in the restaurant because the waiter called us ”the voucher guys” and simply throw away a basket with a pastry and a croissant on the table. We had to complain about it and in the fourth-day things got better. We had all these troubles and did not receive any compensation from the hotel. We were ignored and treated with arrogance most of the times. The experience was awful and we deeply regret having chosen Cachet Hotel as the hotel in our vacation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Gustavo H

Good day Gustavo H-

Thank you for your feedback, both online and offline. I am glad we have been able to resolve the issues and address the isolated extenuating circumstances you experienced during your stay. We want to reassure you that safety and comfort of our guests are our primary responsibilities here at Cachet Boutique New York. As we have discussed our camera refurbishment is almost complete so all rooms will be in view of security cameras. We also have a security guard on duty to ensure our guest safety. And as we know, Internet access is critical to the comfort of any hotel guest and we are updating the wireless in the block of rooms you stayed in as a top capital investment in our property. We were delighted to hear you would return to the property and look forward to welcoming you again the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I enjoyed my stay - very comfortable rooms and clean.

I did have a charge which i disputed and Filipe was very courteous on the phone and has promised to get that corrected.

I will stay again - great value for money and Filipe thanks in advance !!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Felipe F, Director of Rooms at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Good day Mohitpathan-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the newly renovated Cachet Boutique Hotel. Your feedback is valuable to us, it gives me great pleasure to read your stay was more then enjoyable. I'm glad I was able to assist you with the discrepancy you encountered.

We look forward to your next visit, please feel free to reach me directly. I will ensure another seamless stay. Thank you...FF