“Blind tasting for novices”
Review of Corkbuzz

Corkbuzz
Ranked #2,026 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Description: We believe in enjoying wine and talking about wine in a way that makes everyone feel welcome and never intimidated. Corkbuzz is many things: - A wine bar, where you can meet up with your best friends as well as make new ones. - A wine-centric restaurant, where wine lovers, grape growers, sommeliers, chefs and winemakers come together to share their common enthusiasm for wine. - A home base for wine education, where you can take recreational classes to help you understand what you like in a wine as well as more in-depth classes that can provide you with the knowledge to pursue a professional career in wine. - An event space, where wine dinners and parties encourage new conversations and relationships. Whether you're a novice or an expert, we want you to mingle, drink, laugh and indulge.
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a blind tasting class where 4 white and 4 red wines were poured. The sommelier gave us charts with nose, taste, color characteristics and the group was able (with his guidance) to identify many of the wines and their regions of origin. After each wine was tasted and discussed, he showed each bottle to all and gave a preprinted list of all wines poured. An educational and really great evening

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Great variety of wines at every price for wine lovers or wine enthusiasts. Very tasty tapas to pair with your wine selection. The communal table is the way to go so you can see what everyone is eating. I would definitely go back. reservations are recommended.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

This is my second time, and this is becoming my favorite place in NYC.
If you like only tap water with bad chicken and poor service, you'll be disappointed.
But if you like good quality food, variety, people (servers and sommeliers) that enjoy their job and try to do everything to make your experience unique, it's THE place to go. For the second time, I asked the sommelier to surprise me. Without being myself a professional, I'm a nice amateur .... and I was nicely surprised. A txacouly rosé (from Basque coast - France), a well-balanced Chardonnay from California (not too strong), a young and promising Ribera de Duero .. were 3 of the 5 wines we enjoyed.

Well done, Team. I'll be back - SOON : -)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Excellent spot is this small restaurant/Winebar, great sophisticated food, friendly servers. Located in east village off of 5th avenue, lovely atmosphere & the wines are handpicked! reasonable in price, enjoyable way to dine! a find in the village!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Chelsea Market is jammed on a hot July afternoon but this was a perfect place to have a snack, beer and relax which is exactly what I did. Very reasonably priced, good service at the bar. No loudmouths, etc. The only place I would go to if I were to go to CM again....and it was jammed...this was a great surprise. Recommended.