5,191 results
All reviews freedom tower the financial district wtc site the world trade center ground zero brooklyn bridge lower manhattan path train battery park new york wall street indoor pool junior suite statue of liberty corner room directly across the street city view
Reviewed 21 July 2015

My partner and I stayed at the Millenium this past weekend. We booked a King Jr. Suite with city views and it did not disappoint. If you book this type of room, make sure you choose a room ending in 'xx11'. This gives you a view facing into Manhattan (facing north). The staff were friendly, the room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. My only issue is with how slow the wifi is in the room. UGH!! Drinks in the lobby bar are a bit pricey but hey, you are in NYC.

Room tip: Book a run on a high floor for better views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We were in town for a wedding and got a good room rate - especially being a weekend in the financial area. But, everything else at this hotel is priced for people traveling on an expense account. We went to the lobby bar after we go there to relax for a few minutes and 4 glasses of Chardonnay was pushing $80. The rooms were immaculate - and for a NYC hotel, spacious.

Room tip: We overlooked the reflecting pool and the new Freedom Tower
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank foodietravel73
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I arrived on a Thursday at 1215pm and left my bags whilst I looked around . When I came back at 4pm I was given 4909 overlooking the WTC and the Hudson river. The windows by the elevators offered great views of the Brooklyn bridge. The room was large and comfortable with good air conditioning and the bathroom was good.
The room had a safe and good storage.
The fitness centre (5th floor) was good and the pool was great after a morning walking around.
The restaurant on the 3rd floor served a good value dinner and a good morning buffet.
The hotel is just across the road from the WTC area and is nicely situated in the financial district for walking to the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and the seaport. All the staff were good and very friendly.

Room tip: Odd numbered rooms should look over towards the WTC
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Gregory R
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

We usually stay at Hilton hotels and got a great rate through our work. It's directly across from the 9-11 Memorial and has easy access to the subway. Century 21 is directly next door which has some good shopping. And you can easily go to the One World Observatory which is incredible. Lastly, the waterfront is not far and makes for a good evening walk. Overall I liked the hotel as always but I did notice a few things that weren't as good as other Hilton's. In the room outlets were not located near the bed so you had to charge your cell phone out of reach and one outlet at the media desk didn't work so when I woke up my phone was dead. Another thing is that the plumbing would make a loud noise at night and woke me up several times. The elevator is noisy and not very smooth compared to some other places I went in NYC. We did eat breakfast here one morning which was a buffet with lots of options, but it was expensive at $30 per person. But there aren't many places nearby for breakfast so this was a good choice one day. Also, familiarize yourself with the subways bc to see other destinations you will need it. It's actually pretty easy and a pocket map with subway lines helps a lot. But as stated above this hotel had several subways stops nearby so it's easy to navigate. And when it's time to leave a cab is always close by and the bell man will help you get one.

2  Thank Jem8201
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Visiting daughter attending Pace University so thrilled to finally find this hotel. This is the most convenient location. I was thrilled to speak to the manager, Oscar, a few hours prior to check in to hear not only that a room was ready for me to check in early but that he could upgrade me to an amazing view of the Freedom Tower. The view was serenity in the midst of the hustle bustle of The Big Apple. The lobby is beautifully adorned and the perk is to have an indoor pool in NYC. The fitness center looks out at the Freedom Tower. The rooms are amongst the most spacious I've been to in NYC. An Icon parking lot is a few blocks away certainly walking distance to take advantage of the Icon coupons via Groupon. The Continental Breakfast is located on the 5th floor with a bountiful spread of everything you could possibly want for breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone heading to the WTC, Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn, Pace University, NYU or New School or exploring NYC since the Fulton St station nearby gets you anywhere you want to go in NYC.

Room tip: facing the Freedom Tower
  • Trip type: Travelled with family