“Best Fish Tacos!!!”

Ranked #1,247 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Hell's Kitchen
Description: I believe this place is new. It is super tiny, but they are friendly and the food was good.
Reviewed 14 March 2016

My boyfriend and I love fish tacos and Ponche had great reviews...and rightfully so!! Delicious fish tacos and a great value. I had the taco combo, 3 tacos (of your choice) rice and beans for $14.95!!! I had two fish tacos and one pork. Fun atmosphere, great wait staff, very attentive. And, it was BYOB. If you are looking for a great meal without spending a lot of money...check out Ponche Taqueria!!!

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Searched for best fish tacos in NYC and this place came up. It did not dissapoint. We went on a Friday night and only waited about 5 minutes for a tabel. The staff was amaizingly attentive and polite. I got the taco combo which is the choice of any three tacos with beans and rice.. I got chicken, pulled pork and a fish taco. All were delicious. The fish was the best. Wow! Cant beat the value either. $15.00 for the combo. Keep in mind that it is BYOB if you want a few drinks. Cant wait to go back.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 22 February 2016

How is this not the best Mexican food in NYC?!

We think it is...

We googled Mexican food in NYC for our stay in February 2016 and came across this gem as it was only a 10 min walk from our hotel in Times Square. Seriously, the food is amazing. I had 3 tacos; chicken, beef and cheese, and then beef and beer = YUM. My husband has the enchiladas and both plates came with yummy rice and black beans.

Extremely good value and exceptionally tasty. We wish we discovered it sooner as we would have definitely eaten there again. Service was also prompt and polite.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Let me tell you - finding a BYOB place in NYC feels like a near impossible feat, but my friend found Ponche and swore to me that the food was great and so was the service. He was right! We had a really nice waiter who was patient enough to deal with me asking 100 questions about what included cilantro (I hate cilantro). The tacos al pastor - WOW. Just WOW. And you get rice and beans with your tacos which I couldn't even finish because I was so stuffed. Get your taco on at this place people and don't forget to bring the wine!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 4 February 2016

I stumbled across this restaurant when walking around Hell's Kitchen during a week spent in NYC by myself. As a lover of mexican food, I decided to try here as it looked small and friendly.

I tried to order a glass of wine, but was told it was BYOB, which added to the charm of the place. I ordered a pulled pork burrito (puebla), which was huge and absolutely delicious- one of the best burritos I've ever had! I also ordered chips on the side, but I was too full from the burrito to manage many.

This is definitely a place I would recommend to anyone coming to NYC and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it :)

Date of visit: August 2015