“Burrito Perfection”

Ranked #1,518 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: I believe this place is new. It is super tiny, but they are friendly and the food was good.
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Where do I begin?
These are hands down, by far, the best burrito's I have ever eaten. And that includes several in Mexico.
A friend and I ordered online and the food came in very warm and even earlier than the estimated delivery time.
$10 for a burrito is certainly a fair price, especially given the quality and quantity this place offers.

We decided to order 1 burrito each and then just share them to enjoy best of both worlds.
My friend had the Alambre Burrito and I went for the Al Pastor.
The first bite we took, we looked at each other and sat in absolute silence.
I could not believe Midtown has such a superb burrito place.

Both of the burrito's were very well stuffed. They were tasty and juicy, although the burrito wasn't soaked in liquid upon arrival as it has happened many times at other burrito places.
To top of the meal, we each had a Flan Casero. I had no idea what it was and it looked a bit messy at first sight, but the taste made up for that.

When I return to the area, this will be an absolute go-to place if I crave a perfect burrito.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

When the service is good and the food is fresh, there's no reason not to return. This weekend I had the opportunity to experience what it means to have exceptional service and food prepared with passion. If you follow me on Yelp then you know that I usually dine with friends. Yesterday was our first brunch of the season and my good friend picked out the place. The place was chosen for a few reason, one was the BYOB brunch option. There's not a lot of places in Manhattan that offer this option. The second reason was the service but in truth, it should have been the food.

This place is rather small in size but big all the ways that counts. The food was simply amazing and the dessert was perfect. The presentation of each dish made it very clear that there's a high level of pride and love that goes into each dish. For the record, I had the Shredded roast pork ... my goodness!! Oh so good. From what I was told, the manager just about closed down the place for our party. The two young ladies that waited on us were not only beautiful but extremely helpful. I highly recommend this place for a small group, a friend or a significant other. You won't be disappointed - trust me on this!!

Reviewed 13 January 2017

This place is a little off the beaten path, but well worth finding. We went there for my daughter's 17th birthday and were not disappointed. Everything that we had was great but the meals that were served "Ponche" style were the favorites. The staff treated us well and the food was fantastic. We enjoyed everything about visit to Ponche Taqueria. It was a great find!

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I was staying nearby and craving Mexican and prefer BYOBs which are rare in NYC. I found it on TA and read all the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised the food was better than my expectations. I started with a simple salad with a balsamic dressing. Then I had the sole entree with a side of sweet fried plantains. So I didn't have exactly Mexican food, but all the dishes had a Mexican influence and were delicious. My only criticism was it was very small and extremely noisy.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Found this place on Google Maps. I was looking for a new Mexican joint and this one was fantastic!! Fresh, clean, deliciously prepared food. The Guacamole al Ponche is exceptional. I also had the Taco Trio with beans and rice: delicious! The prices are great as well! They are cash only and don't have a liquor license so it's BYOB with a $5 cork fee which is very inexpensive and they take care of the booze for you your whole meal. The service was attentive and friendly without being intrusive. I will definitely be back!!!