“Wonderful cookies and a nice respite from the rain”
Review of Schmackary's

Schmackary's
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: What started as a love for cookies at a very young age developed into a search for the best darn cookie recipes on the planet...After years of perfecting each recipe, in 2012 Zachary Schmackary finally opened his first brick and mortar store and released these chewy delights to the general public. We are based in the heart of New York City, with a storefront on 45th Street and 9th Avenue. We deliver door-to-door in NYC as well as ship our goodies Nationwide. Sounds too good to be true? Come in and try for yourself, or place an order and have them shipped right to your door...The cookies speak for themselves.
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We were looking for a coffee shop to kill some time and get out of the rain, and I was very happy to find Schmackary's! The cookie I had was amazing! (cereal killer) and unlike so many coffee shops, there was a lot of choices of tea. We never felt rushed to leave and the employees were very friendly. I would definitely return to try some of the other cookies!

There are newer reviews for Schmackary's

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I discovered this place after craving something sweet after watching a Broadway play. I braved the line in the cold. It must be good for people to wait in the cold for this. As I got closer my heart beating with excitement on the perfect cookie to get. I tried my first cookie and was hooked. Now that I have moved to NYC and live in Hell's Kitchen I am beyond happy how close I am. The flavors are fun and unique and not ridiculously priced. Don't let the line discourage you from stopping by, it moves really fast. Cookies are fresh, there's always a variety and a rotating daily selection, and I've never been disappointed. They have brownies and bars in addition to cookies.

My favorites are the:
Chocolate Chip - with sea salt, I could have this traditional cookie for dessert everyday
Choconut Chip - sweeted coconut, walnuts, sea salt
Oatmeal Scotchie - oats, butterscotch chips, cinnamon, vanilla
Maple Bacon -candied bacon / maple syrup / toffee bits / sea salt
Funfetti, - rainbow sprinkles / vanilla cream cheese frosting
Caramel Delight - dark cocoa, sweetened coconut, English Toffee, Caramel and chocolate
The Hangover - chocolate, cinnamon, butterscotch, white chocolate, walnuts, raisins, M&Ms, coconut, potato chips all in one cookie - AMAZING
Sch'mores - my favorite dessert in a cookie with a toasted marshmallow top

Love their unique flavors and their traditional cookies. These cookies are dense, moist and the extra kick of salt just brings out the sweetness! I put them in the fridge and then microwave them and they taste like they are fresh of the oven. My favorite cookie in town!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Celiac friendly, gluten free bakeries are not easy to find, but this one is a find. We only tried three different cookies plus the macaroons, but everything is fresh and easy. Small, but very good. Will visit often.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

After the solid reviews on Yelp decided to see what all the rage was about this place. Well it did not disappoint at all. Ordered 6 various cookies more than enough for 6 to 8 people. My favorite by far was the maple bacon with cookies and cream a close second. Actually, they are all pretty amazing by themselves but when you start mixixing different bites of each one you tend to get immune to the sugar rush and flavors. Kind of like smelling too many colognes. There was one slight disappointment which is they no longer make their crazy variety type milk shakes. Simply vanilla or chocolate. Both where excellent but I'd prefer something a bit more exotic. Definitely worth the calories, money and time

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Went here because cast of Dear Evan Hansen rave about it. We were put off by sign out front saying OCD is Obsessive Cookie Disorder. Having to struggle every day to keep my daughter alive who suffers from OCD, we didn't find it humorous. Just as we got ready to order they ran out of the two kinds of cookies we wanted. We asked if they had more and were told no. So we ordered something else. As soon as we sat to eat our second choices they brought out more of our first choice. Very disappointing. Cookies we ok. We wanted to come and glad we checked it off but not worth the walk.