“VERY hot sauce ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited based on reviews on here. Got a combo platter. It was delicious with the white sauce but the hot sauce was so hot it’s all I could taste, even mixed with the white sauce. My mouth and throat was burning, and I’m a fan of spicy food. I’d recommend you use the whole pack of white sauce they provide, with about half the pack of hot sauce.
Wish I’d have known how hot the sauce was as the meat was lovely

Write a ReviewReviews (2,045)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had to walk by several Halal carts to get to Halal Guys, but we heard it was the best and I have to agree!! The portions are quite large and the white sauce is DELICIOUS!!! We took ours to go and it was still good and warm after about a 10 block walk on a cold evening.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The "Halaal Guys" food cart up by 6th/53rd is a definite stop for us every trip to NYC! Initially there was only 1 true "Halaal Guys" cart (with other "similar" carts nearby). Over the years they parked another cart on the opposite corner, then this last visit it looked like they had 4 carts in that same area! The longer lines at their carts are usually a give away, but we always look for their distinct bright yellow plastic bags with their logo on it! The chicken & rice plate is by far our favorite. They used to squirt the white sauce manually on the plate, and some red (very spicy) sauce on request. But now they have packets of each, which is great if you're taking your food back to your hotel!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Hubby got obsessed with finding these guys after seeing them numerous times on you tube ..... He was not disappointed exactly as discribed tasty fast food really good prices
He went for the chicken plate for $8 max I think it was he had a huge tray of rice salad chicken and pitta with loads of the red and white sauce
Very filling for a street food snack

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Heard a lot about the original “The Halal Guys” food cart on 6th Avenue & 53rd Street in NYC. We have eaten at Middle Eastern & Persian places in LA and decided to give food cart a try. They were located across the street from our hotel. There probably were six food carts on different corners near the hotel. Luckily they weren’t hard to spot as their cart was the busiest. Customers lined up, ordered & then pay. I ordered the $8 beef platter and my partner chose the $8 combo (beef & chicken) platter. Multiple people were prepping the food on the cart. With rapid turn over, the food should have been fresh. We got our food in under a minute and took it to our room to eat right away. Time was around 7 pm & the outside temperature was around low 30’s degrees. The food was hot and aromatic. The protein was chopped up too fine to my liking. Appearance of larger or cubed meat pieces would have been my choice, to see what I am consuming. A bed of rice was served underneath with a bit of lettuce and pita bread. White sauce and hot sauce were included. Though be careful of the hot sauce. Food did hit the spot on a chilly evening. Excellent value, a cheap filling NYC meal for only $8. However I’ve them down because my partner got sick from the food resulting in multiple toilet visits throughout the night and following day.