“Fantastic and unique doughnuts”
Review of Doughnut Plant

Doughnut Plant
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Doughnut Plant is the pioneer gourmet doughnut purveyor, making deliciously original doughnuts by hand, every day, since 1994.
Reviewed 7 May 2017

My wife could not stop raving about the creme brulee doughnut. My son and I both had the peanut butter and jam doughnut. It was square, filled with strawberry jelly and topped with a peanut butter glaze and peanuts. It was awesome but super sugary. I couldn't have eaten anything else after that. Fortunately I ate my blackout doughnut before that. It was also good, but not as good the peanut butter and jam.

There are newer reviews for Doughnut Plant

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We stopped by here after having dinner in the area. The place was busy and had interesting donuts so we stopped. The creme brulee donut is one of their specialties and was delicious and very different. The banana glazed donut was good, but nothing special. If you are in the neighborhood, give their creme brulee donut a try!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

This is a lovely place. They have the best donuts I've ever had. Their yeast donuts are fluffy and chewy. Their staff is super friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

The donuts were so good, I had two, and the service was so nice and pleasant; I really enjoyed myself. If you haven't been, then make the visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

It's illegal to come to New York City and not stop in to Doughnut Plant. Ok, maybe not "illegal" but it should be! It's criminal not to treat yourself to a gorgeous square doughnut. Who says circles have more fun? The motto here is that if it's got corners, it's got more room for fillings. With flavors like Coconut Creme and Peanut Butter Jelly, they have set themselves apart from their overdone circle cousins and taken Gotham by storm. How is it possible to get jelly in every bite of this perfectly square peanut butter dough when I cannot find a hole to inject it with? Magic. I've decided it's pure magic. The reason being that none know the secret of the stuffing except the chefs. The secret to Doughnut Plant's success is truly in their secret stuffing process. The dough is fluffy and sweet and the cake doughnuts are just as luxurious as the yeast variety.