“Italian with great wine”
Review of Pappardella

Pappardella
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappardella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #981 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 75th Street
Transit: 1,2,3,C,B to 72 Street
Description: Pappardella restaurant brings to you the flavors and food of Tuscany. Established in 1983, Pappardella offers a romantic setting of timeless charm with 20 foot ceilings, French doors & a stunning mural of Florence. Menu and service reflect the warmth and attention of the old world, as well as the diversity and techniques of today. we feature homemade pasta, artisanal pizza & other great Italian staples, like chicken parmagian, grilled branzino & scrumptious tiramisu. A beautiful outdoor terrace makes for great people watching in the warm months. Pappardella is conveniently located near the beacon theater, the museum of natural history & Central Park offering lunch & dinner pre fix, brunch & a busy happy hour.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

On the run the whole day on a cup of yogurt, then getting caught in the rain on the way to a concert. I have walked up and down Columbus Avenue countless times without as much as noticing this place. But when you’re in dire need… I sat down in the bar and got a helluva Gavi from Piedmont and a cheese plate. Plain and simple, no frills. But the Gorgonzola from Piedmont was soft, strong and pungent as was the semi-soft Taleggio from Val D’Aosta. I like cheese that sparks fireworks in my brain. Douse it with a good wine and do it all over again. Couldn't dream up a better hideout from the rain.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We walked into this restaurant after visiting the National History Museum. It was very late about 2.30pm, we were afraid it wasn’t opened. Staff were helpful, friendly, food were great and the wine was good too. Try the linguine Vongole and also the ravioli with Lobster sauce. We ordered 2 bottles of wine in the end.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for a late lunch, and the restaurant was empty. I was a little hesitant to stay, but I am glad I did. I ordered the gnocchi with basil pesto sauce and the broccoli rabe with garlic. Both items were delicious! I am going to try to recreate the gnocchi dish at home. The waiter was helpful. The bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil was tasty, and by the time I left the restaurant, it was about half full, which made me feel better about my choice.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Tired of walking on a Sunday afternoon, we walked into Pappardella, and were glad we did. Fast, friendly service. Nice brunch menu. My salmon eggs benedict were perfect. Nice wine list.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Outstanding service and attention, quiet ambiance, real Italian food. Fine attention from the staff and managers.

2  Thank MacDonald M