“So so”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 92nd & 93rd Streets
Transit: 6 train to 96th Street.
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I quivered between giving the restaurant 3 vs 4 stars. I finally gave it 4 . As far as the negatives went, it was very hot and humid in the restaurant. There was air conditioning but they kept the door open. My stuffed artichoke appetizer was horrible. It was the worst artichoke I've ever had. It was tough and flavorless. My steak was good but not great. The french fries were very good. , Theglass of house wine that I had was very good. The dessert was excellent as was the service. Therefore i wound up giving it a four but it was really a three and a half. I probably would not go back considering there are so many other restaurant choices in the city.

Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

From the outside this looks like a romantic, quaint, if not tiny French cafe. Correct on only one front--tiny.
More like tiny and smelly. And loud.
And the food was not good. Over warmed bread. Greasy mussel broth. Average onion soup. Cold Brussel sprouts. Separated cream of spinach.
Overworked and careless staff.
Oh, and loud and smelly.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

We live in the neighborhood - but had never tried for some reason. Anyway - we finally did several months ago, and have not stopped coming back since.

We have traveled to France many times and have dined in the very best and I can tell you, that the cuisine here is just as good or even better. We have NEVER had a bad meal or dining experience.

The staff is also wonderful, helpful and friendly. Even when you don't have a reservation they will work with you. One might say that if you are a regular you would expect to receive that type of service. Oh no - I have personally witnessed new comers being treated the same.

If you love fantastic food -this is a must - you won't regret it. Enjoy

Debbie K.

1  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

We booked this at the last minute for dinner with friends and were very pleased.
Staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Food was excellent- everyone enjoyed their dinners.
The space felt very European and we were able to have conversations!
Cost was reasonable
We will definitely come back!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We had the 3-course brunch with mimosas (there were other choices), savory crepes (again, there were other options like french toast, omelettes, etc), and dessert.

The decor and service are very nice, though the wait staff did not seem to have any French influence (would have been nice, but not required).

The bread was fabulous (warmed and delicious), and the crepes were made with excellent ingredients, paired with excellent field greens and a light vinaigrette.

We would certainly return if in the area again.