“A wonderful Christmas night visit in atmospheric bistro space”
Review of Le Paris Bistrot - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 92nd & 93rd Streets
Transit: 6 train to 96th Street.
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Not too many places were open Christmas night along Madison Ave. in the East 90s, so we enjoyed the casual feel and fine food here. The onion soup was a warming starter, and the pate and salads are also quite good. We feasted on mussels, duck, beefsteak and salmon for our mains. Service is always very attentive, and helpful. No waits between courses. We prefer to dine downstairs and always make a reservation. Family favorite profiteroles a must !! A JOYEUX NOEL for sure, and we will visit all year long !

Reviewed 29 October 2016

My sister and I happened into this charming spot for a late lunch one day and decided it was the best meal of our 4-day trip to NY. We were seated upstairs at a perfect table overlooking the bar and main dining area below. Service was quick, friendly and the food divine. Crusty bread served with real butter, steaks done to perfection, crispy fries served in a cone, REAL French style profiteroles for dessert, and delicious cocktails. The only negative was the tiny, hot, claustrophobic restroom.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

The sort of French bistro that used to be found all over Manhattan, this one has been in the same location, run by the same family (but with a different name) for over 30 years. The country pate, made from duck, is to die for, and it offers the best steak tartare I've ever tasted. Those two items alone are worth the trip, but the laid back atmosphere, daily specials, comfortable spacing, and good wine list make this a neighborhood gem. Will be back often!

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Le Paris Bistrot is wonderful for anyone who wants the real French experience, both from the standpoint of the atmosphere and the food. So don't go there expecting an American take on a French bistrot, or a frigidly cold hermetically sealed air conditioned room. But if you want a lovely authentic French bistrot meal, this is the place.

My Salade Niçoise was the best I've had in years, and that includes ones that I've had in Paris bistrots. Almost more fresh tuna than I could eat, cooked perfectly to my specifications. Lots of anchovies and niçoise olives, which enhance the taste but so often are excluded in American restaurants. Just delicious. The crème caramel to finish the meal was indulgent but light as air. The fixed price "Le Brunch Parisien" was a great deal. My only regret is that we don't live in the neighborhood so we won't be able to get back for another meal any time soon. But Le Paris Bistrot will definitely be a stop for us the next time we are in town.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent food, great service. Very quant but pleasant.... Will definitely be back next time I'm in town.