“Memorable Meal”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My daughter lives in the neighborhood and this is one of her favorites. Our family had lunch here on Friday and I now understand why it is a favorite. I have a few words that summarize my feelings, Outstanding, delicious and most importantly memorable.

I can't wait to go back.!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I did not eat here so I cannot rate the food, but this is NYC and there are MANY gluten intolerant people. It isn't a preference, it is an allergy.
It is the first restaurant I have been ANYWHERE in the world that wanted to charge me 4 dollars for a few cucumber slices in place of bread. When I asked the manager for his understanding he told me the computer will charge it and there isn't anything he can do...REALLY!?!?!? Well, I can leave and go to a GREAT Turkish restaurant a block away, Agora, where they gave me a lovely plate of carrots and cucumbers and couldn't believe someone would charge for this. They lost WAY more than 4 dollars.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Nice corner location with ample outdoor seating, good food and service makes this a decent choice for Mediterranean / Turkish cuisine. The warm bread is very good as are the large variety of appetizers like olives, hummus, etc. the ambiance is lively, with a nice buzz.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Incredible Turkish food and the best I've found outside of Istanbul. The service isn't quick and efficient but not incredibly friendly but that's not a big deal. The wines and food are reasonably priced and there is unlimited delicious bread. Definitely get the meze platter of dips and Shepherd's salad to share with your table. This place gets quite packed on weekends so I recommend making a reservation if you are coming after 7 pm.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Our Mezzo platter was delicious as was the bread, the Greek salad was very fresh and delicious, these portions were plentiful. We also had a chicken/meatball combo, unfortunately the chicken was small and overcooked and the meatball on a skewer was bland. We will come again for the Mezzo platter and salad and will try again another meat dish. The service was very good.