“Easy and Casual and Pretty darn good”
Review of Beyoglu

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I'm always looking for delicious Mediterranean, of course, one should be able to find it in New York City. This corner casual restaurant is filled with upper east side energy.

The hummus had a wonderful texture and flavor BUT the pita bread was unlike any other flat pita I've eaten. It was puffy and light and not sure if it was homemade but that certainly seemed the case. They don't have greasy spanakopita, which I love, but their version is chopped spinach filling with a dollop of greek yogurt. Who ever says "give me a bowl and only spinach and I'm good"....well, that would be me. The crab cakes were small fried balls which were decent but the grilled shrimp appetizer was served on a bed of roasted red pepper paste puree that had a kick and was filled with flavor. An additional pita was in order just to consume that puree.

Now....the service wasn't great but when you got their attention, they responded pretty quickly
We sat outside which was crowed at the small table but fun on a beautiful evening and the inside looked full of fun energy.

And by New York Standards-----it was "reasonable" for all the food the three of us consumed.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

At a street fair on 3rd Avenue and wanted a place to sit down, and eat a meal, rather than eat the greasy food from the fair (which all smelled amazing) We saw an open table here and sat down. We were handed a menu by one of the waiters.then the hostess came over and said the table was promised to a couple already. We did the right thing and stood up and let the others take the table. And we waited ten minutes for another table to open up. Glad we did. Did I mention we had our dog with us? He was very happy when we were seated and we gave him his water bowl. Then the waiter came over with water for the table and a bowl for the dog! Won my heart, even though we had come prepared. Ordered falafel and a Beyoglu salad. Came with pita bread fresh from the oven. Food was delicious. Weather was perfect. Lots of other tables with dogs. All behaved very nicely.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My daughter lives in the neighborhood and this is one of her favorites. Our family had lunch here on Friday and I now understand why it is a favorite. I have a few words that summarize my feelings, Outstanding, delicious and most importantly memorable.

I can't wait to go back.!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I did not eat here so I cannot rate the food, but this is NYC and there are MANY gluten intolerant people. It isn't a preference, it is an allergy.
It is the first restaurant I have been ANYWHERE in the world that wanted to charge me 4 dollars for a few cucumber slices in place of bread. When I asked the manager for his understanding he told me the computer will charge it and there isn't anything he can do...REALLY!?!?!? Well, I can leave and go to a GREAT Turkish restaurant a block away, Agora, where they gave me a lovely plate of carrots and cucumbers and couldn't believe someone would charge for this. They lost WAY more than 4 dollars.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Nice corner location with ample outdoor seating, good food and service makes this a decent choice for Mediterranean / Turkish cuisine. The warm bread is very good as are the large variety of appetizers like olives, hummus, etc. the ambiance is lively, with a nice buzz.