“Good Food in Little Italy”

Il Cortile Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cortile Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #803 of 14,908 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Canal & Hester
Transit: Q,N,R,6.J,M, to Canal street
Description: IL CORTILE has been family owned and run since 1975. A neighborhood staple for over 40years, the Esposito family continues the tradition of sparing nothing to provide the highest quality ingredients in all CORTILE dishes. Since weve opened, IL CORTILE has been dedicated to presenting one of the most innovative and interesting menus in New York City. Our extensive ala carte menu is sure to appeal to even the pickiest of pallets, as well as a wide variety of pre fix menus for group gatherings. We would like to say thank you and extend our great appreciation to our wonderful & distinguished clientele for supporting us in our efforts to bring you new dishes inspired by the very old and the very new in the best Tradition of fine Italian cuisine. We hope you enjoy our new dishes.
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Came with a party of 11 for a surprise birthday dinner and had a great time. Although the birthday person was a bit sad that an Italian restaurant didn't serve Lasagna, all the dishes we did order were great and the service was on point as well. The Lobster Ravioli was amazing and so was the shrimp with vodka sauce over spaghetti. Definitely make reservations in advance as we saw a long line to get in and we were glad we made reservations. I highly recommend this place for anyone stopping in NYC.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We came for lunch after looking for a place to eat in Little Italy. Service was attentive and helpful. Restaurant was spacious and clean. Food was good but uninspiring.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I met American friends of mine for a catch up dinner on a recent trip to NYC and they brought me to Il Cortile. What impressed me first was the friendliness of the staff - just the right amount without being in your face. We were left to chat and the staff hovered at a distance until we were ready to order. The specials were explained and then we had the very difficult task of deciding what to order. The meatball special was enormous and we were delighted to have taken the advice to order two portions between three of us.My dinner guests had seafood pastas and I ordered a meat pasta- all were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant based on the quality of the food and the staff- genuine Italian!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This has been my fourth time eating here and the food is always delicious! I would definitely make a reservation for the “garden room” when planning your visit. It is the best dining atmosphere in Little Italy! If you have to wait a few mins for your table in the lounge, you won’t be disappointed. The lounge area has a bar with couches and coffee tables to sit at. We actually enjoyed waiting for our table! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I really like this restaurant. The Service was great! Drinks were so good! I had the Spaghettini puttanesca, it was very good. My mom had Mussels Fra Diavolo, the sauce was so good! I would definitely go back again!