“Nice Surprise ”

La Boina Roja
Ranked #7,762 of 14,208 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Looking for a sit down lunch and happened on this hidden gem. Great steaks and huge selection of meat, chicken and seafoods with combos. The service was attentive and pleasant as was the atmosphere. If in this neighborhood La Boina is well worth the money!

Reviewed 26 December 2016

This restaurant doesn't deserve a star.
I had ordered food to take out(sopa de mondongo and bandeja campesina) and had to wait for almost one hour, the restaurant.was almost empty only 3 tables were occupied and people were complaint about the waiting time too i went out of the restaurant twice in a rainy day to check the parking meter 3 block away because isn't easy to found parking close to 82 st in Jackson height
Will never place.order food from this restaurant even the food is just average around the same area you found better Colombian restaurants

Will never place.order food from this

1  Thank Roberto L
Reviewed 19 November 2015

I ate here about a week ago for the first time. It won't be my last. It's not fancy but the prices and quantity of food is a bargain... My party of five all had different varieties of steak and we all were happy.... The waitress was great... She took the time to explain all our options and didn't rush us... We went during the week so it wasn't very crowded. Some reviews say the weekends are jammed!.

1  Thank Jaysbell
Reviewed 6 November 2015

Every time I have visitors from out of town I take them to this Colombian place and you can't go wrong. Extremely friendly staff. They have a new drink that you must try... "Fruit Passion Sangria." It was delicious. Even though I don't drink white wine, this drink changed it. Beware the portions are rather BIG, but the food is so good that I always manage to finish my meals. You also get a salad with your meal. They also make excellent "Sangria." Not fancy at all but nice atmosphere.

1  Thank world_traveler
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Awesome place. Great food. A little crowded, but sometimes you want to be around a lot of people.Parking is bad but the subway is right there. Fast service and always futbol on the monitors. Been going there for many years and will continue.