“Amazing Sushi with a great service!”
Review of Sushi Yasuda

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

I have been lunching with my wife at Sushi Yasuda and we had a great meal over there.
We decided to go there at the lunch time and we had an omakase at the sushi bar.
The place has an excellent service and the sushi was delicious.
The fish was really fresh and they have a huge variety of fish.
We decided to let the sushi man choose the best sushi for us and we proved almost every kind of sushi.
There are sushis of oysters, clams, mackerel and uni that was the first time we have tasted.
It is not a cheap place but I really recommend for those who love sushi and want to prove something different (if you compare to normal sushi places).

Tips:
1 - You need to make a reservation otherwise is going to be difficult to get a table or to stay at the sushi bar.
2 - I recommend the sushi bar where you can talk to sushi man and ask for any sushi.

1  Thank Gustavo O

Reviewed 23 May 2016

I am a repeat customer of this exceptional sushi restaurant on W. 72nd Street. The fish is always fresh and tasty, and the other prepared dishes also delicious. It is a small restaurant and they move a lot of customers through, but one never feels rushed while dining. The staff is efficient and responsive. I will return..

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Ive eaten here 3 to 4 times a year when visiting New York on business in the past 2 years. The service is always prompt and efficient if a little brusque at times. Me being clumsy, I tend to spill drops of soy sauce on the table or counter and they always clear it. The food and presentation thereof is always fresh and delicious. I often have the chefs choice while sitting at the counter in front of the chef. There is time to sit and savour the next delicacy placed in front of me. The price is all inclusive - ie no tips accepted so is straightforward that way. The green tea ice cream is also lovely. Ive visited Japan a no. of times and this place compares favourably. This is one of my favourite restaraunts in New York City.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

I have had an ok meal here before but tonight i called and asked if i could eat at the sushi bar in 15 minutes as i knew they were closing soon. The guy insisted yes yes come its not problem, i show up and with a dumb smug look on his face the only words he can say are "sorry we are closed" and saying that i said 5 minutes not 15 which was not remotely correct. Not worth it Sushi Seki on 1st ave between 62/63 so much better and they treat you better.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Sushi Yasuda in Manhattan has the best sushi I've had anywhere- that includes Tokyo. I can't say enough about the quality of the fish as well as the rice. In addition, the decor is exquisite - sleek and clean. Indeed, Sushi Yasuda is the perfect restaurant experience. You pay more but not that much more. The food and service are absolutely worth it. If anything, this restaurant deserves more than one Michelin star. The food is better than what I've experienced at two and three Michelin star restaurants. Very grateful that this restaurant is in NYC, where there is clearly a dearth of great sushi.

1  Thank Sun M