“Great”

Keens Steakhouse
Ranked #76 of 16,016 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th
Transit: N, R F, Q, B, D A,C,E & 1,2,3,9 on 34th Street
Description: Keens Steakhouse, a classic New York chophouse, was already famous for its steaks and chops at the turn of the century. Founded in 1885, Keens has 90,000 clay pipes that line the ceilings – pipes once smoked by customers after dinner. Today Keens legendary mutton chops and dry aged prime steaks are still without equal in the city.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great steak restaurant in Midtown. Food and service was excellent, we shared a chateaubriand and it was lovely. Only downside was the tables for 2 were so close together.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (6,149)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The food was excellent, the only reason I did not give this a higher rating is the rush the staff were in to clear our table, I was still eating my dinner and the table around me was being cleared, I still had steak on the serving tray and they even tried taking that!!! Oh and the fact that they put 2 bottles of tomato sauce on the table, it totally ruined the effect of a beautiful restaurant, I would expect that in a cafe in U.K.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We visited here on the 26th March 18. Wow it was very good food expensive but you get what you pay for. The food melts in your mouth and the waiters very nice too. The only thing that has given this place a 4 in my eyes is they started to clean up the resturant around us. Thought they could of waited fir us to leave before doing this. But highly recommend this great resturant.

3  Thank vickybaker48
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing meal at Keens last night with my husband. We were served by the lovely Jimmy who was super efficient and also patient taking time to explain some of the menu and advise us accordingly.

The crab cakes and my lobster salad were delicious. We both had fillet steak mignon and shared a portion of fries at Jimmys recommendation (the portions are big!)
The Steak was divine. Perfectly cooked and cut like butter.

Finally I managed to squeeze in a slice of key lime pie at Jimmys recommendation which was again gorgeous.

A fabulous restaurant, with a buzzy atmosphere, super service and staff and an amazing meal.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We went here on a Thursday night with a reservation; pretty busy. Service was okay, food was great; you go here knowing it is fairly expensive. We ordered the Mutton Chop which was fantastic and the Filet - medium, cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. We recommend both dishes. We also ordered the broccoli/cauliflower side dish and the mashed potatoes with sour cream. We did not order an appetizer or dessert; too full, they serve rolls and crudites. Beautiful inside and a neat history. Give it try.