“Lamb Tagine with Rice! A winner!”
Review of Mogador Cafe

Mogador Cafe
Ranked #280 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 22 July 2016

First try at Moroccan food and we loved it! Its a very small place, typical NYC style, not much lights inside in the evening, cozy, warm, very much crowded on a friday night. Going by the reviews, we took Lamb Tagine with chick peas and Basmati rice. It was extraordinarily delicious! The lamb shank was so tender and juicy. We felt the portion was good for two. Price is a bit high though. But its worth every penny and lives upto all the good words. Their service is impressive too. All the people were pretty fast. We din't have to wait long for the food. We would definitely go back to try other items on the menu.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I was looking for a brunch place in the city that offered something a little different from the standard menu, and Mogador Cafe provided just that! I would recommend arriving by 10am if you are hoping to skip the line and score a table for a weekend brunch. In the summer, you may even be lucky enough to land a spot at one of their limited outdoor tables. Their set menu is a budget-friendly deal that includes a choice of several different egg preparations as well as fresh orange juice and your caffeinated beverage of choice. However, I opted to skip the deal and go straight for the Middle Eastern Eggs breakfast - so glad I did! I was looking for something different, and this was it. Your choice of eggs (I went with poached of course) pita bread covered in zatar herb mix, hummus, Arabic salad, and my favorite - tabouli. It was scrumptious and filling. I am going to have to learn how to exercise some self restraint or I will be visiting here every weekend!

Reviewed 9 July 2016

I had a great dinner at Mogador.
The salads we had were amazing and we experienced great service.
The bill was very reasonable.
I will go back on my next visit to NY.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

It can get tiring eating in restaurants all of the time when you are traveling. I ordered salmon here and it was delicious with a simple home style feeling to it which I really appreciated. I was here with friends and everyone really enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

The food is delicious and offers meals that are different than a typical breakfast restaurant. The pita bread is fresh and tasty. I love the Middle Eastern eggs meal, it combines various flavors that complement eachother perfectly. It's a healthy and satisfying meal. The downside is that the coffee has to be ordered separately, and its a small cup, no free refills. My friend didn't enjoy the scrambled eggs meal- portion was too small as you can see in the photo.