“Neighborhood Doner House”

Cuisines: Turkish
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 17 January 2017

In London, every neighborhood has a doner kebap house. Turco reminded me the old world. My only concern is why in the heck they call doner as gyro? Gyro is ready made industrial Greek style frozen meat that the vendors purchase from wholesalers and warm it up to serve. Doner Kebap is made fresh every day by fresh meat and tail fats. The one Turco serves is genuine Doner and very tasty. They have a special sauce that I recommend. It's not a yogurt sauce. Their bread is fresh made at the spot. Prices are resonable and I hope they keep it that way.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for really good Mediterranean food this is the place! We ate here 3x on a 4 day trip to NYC! The lamb & chicken gyros were amazing as was the chicken salad & roasted red pepper hummus!

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Stop by for a bite since it looked fresh .... Had the beets salad wish is good but don't expect anything else besides beets on it. And also had the chicken gyro ,not a fan it was a little salty and honestly. Is a small little place but clean and service was good

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Pass by and look fresh and good. Bred was amaizing. Giros had a litle salt missing.. fresh food and reasonable price.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

We stopped in here for a quick lunch on a Sunday afternoon. It wasn't super busy so we ate in. The service was excellent - the waitress was very attentive and told us exactly how long we'd have to wait for our food (10 min). Their homemade sandwich bread is delicious - I highly recommend the adana kebab sandwich. Food portion was great for the cheap prices. And to top it all, the bathroom was very nice and clean. I'd go back here anytime I'm in the city again.