“Cold beer and friendly conversation.”
Review of Flannery's Bar

Flannery's Bar
Ranked #7,917 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Stopped in for a cold beer on a hot day and stayed for three. Beer cold and prices reasonable. Staff very friendly and good for a chat - that is why I stayed. The sign out front said come as a stranger leave as a friend and indeed that happened. This place is nothing special but has a friendly atmosphere. Next time I will try the food.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Spurs bar, went to watch the Spurs V Sunderland match whilst over NYC. The bar itself is a bit rough, ladies toilets - 2 were blocked 1 did not lock. Broken seats, watered down coke. But not a bad atmosphere, could do with a brighten up and a bit more Spurs themed things to make it feel a bit more like a Tottenham Pub

Reviewed 24 January 2017

went to Saturdays game vs. Man City. we got there a little before noon for the 12:30 kick off. thought we were lucky in getting a table - bad move. By game time it was packed with Spurs supporters - like we were - to the point of you had to stand to see the game, getting to the bar was a challenge. They opened a "satellite" bar in the back so you could get some beers from them. No food is served, but you can bring in whatever you would like. Problem with the speakers in the back, but we were chanting and singing anyway so that was fine.
Looking forward to my next trip in

1  Thank longisland_NYKleo
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Went there on January 16th 2017, just after midnight. I was with my partner who had been SO excited for months as she is a massive Spurs fan. Having been out to dinner that night as it was my birthday, we had had a few drinks before going to this bar but we were by no means stupidly drunk.
We got in to the bar, my partner wearing her Tottenham top. We ordered drinks and I sat there minding my own whilst Sarah chatted with the bar man and some other people, as she does. Sarah asked for, and received, some darts to play with. At the same time I got my phone out. Sarah asked what I was doing and the barman said 'He's going on tinder to look for another chick'. I couldn't believe it. Unimaginably rude! Sarah was, of course, incensed, by the man and demanded an explanation for his comment. He tried to pass it off as a joke but she wasn't accepting it, nor should she have. In trying to excuse himself, he kept insulting her, patronising her and being sexist. He then, like a 5yr old, told her that because of her 'attitude' (not accepting his completely inappropriate comments and calling him out for them) he wanted his darts back.
Having eventually extracted an apology from him, a patron then came over and started a conversation. At one point he said something Sarah didn't agree with so she began to tell him only for the man to tell her to 'shut up'.
Based on our visit, this is nothing but a dive bar with an attitude towards women reminiscent of the 70s. There are many, many bars in New York that are much more welcoming, stay clear of Flannery's.

3  Thank John G
Reviewed 24 November 2016

While on a dive bar tour of the west village I happened into this establishment and enjoyed a beer. There was a fairly epic dart game going on and the Tottenham Hotspur or "Spurs" paraphernalia was everywhere. Fun vibe, I just stayed for one but would go back again.