“Delicious Desserts...Very busy!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 9 November 2016

I have been to Magnolia Bakery a few times while visiting New York and it is always packed! They are unorganized at checking people out, but that is the hustle & bustle of New York. Everything is SO good there. Bread Pudding is killer and their cupcakes, cakes, cookies are amazing. My favorite is the lemon bars! It is a must when you are in New York to experience it!

There are newer reviews for Magnolia Bakery

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

The line is worth the wait. The staff is supper friendly and helpful. Chocolate cake is well worth it.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

This place will always be great. I've been here countless times, and everything I've had is amazing. The buttercream cupcakes are delicious. I've also had the lemon bar, brownie, pumpkin pie, banana pudding, and the key lime bar, and they were all outrageously delicious. The place is cute, and also serves coffee, and cakes for special events. There is not any seating, but you can sit across the street because there is a small park. I love the fact that they stay open late as well. I would deff recommend for families or anyone who wants some nice sweets!!

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

During our two week stay in the East Village area of NY we tried cakes from numerous places but came back time and time again to the Magnolia Bakery for the superb carrot cake and their legendary Hummingbird cake. At $6.50 a slice it seems an indulgent treat but one slice serves two people so it's good value actually. New Yorkers clearly love their sweet treats - in particular cupcakes with very sweet frosting but the cakes served here are a class apart. Both the carrot cake and the Hummingbird cake seem more geared to our English palette for less sugar. I wasn't too fussed about the chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream which reminded me of the Sara Lee gateaux my Mum used to serve in the 70s when we had visitors but whatever you choose it will be delicious. Do it - you know you want to

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I attempted to go to the shop on 6th Ave, but the lines were outrageous. We had dinner in the Village and walked over to this location after. It was after 9 pm and although not as busy as the other location, there was still a short wait.

I am always seeking out red velvet in any city that I visit. So, I tried a red velvet cupcake. I prefer cream cheese frosting over the white frosting Magnolia's uses and the cake itself was dry and tasteless. I threw most of it away.