“Yum!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Visited the small outlet in Grand Central Station. The cakes are amazing. A little pricey, but worth the money. Unfortunately the staff taking orders were not passing the information on to anyone or even putting the orders together so when we reached the end of the queue, the poor girl at the till had no idea about our order.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,051)

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

The buttercream frosting they put on cupcakes and slices of cake is very simple, but I say that with high praise. There are no overpowering scents or flavors, just a light, sweet vanilla. The pastel colors used for decorating remind me of the 1950s and the colors suit the vibe of the bakery. The banana pudding is also outstanding as others have mentioned, but I always go with cupcakes.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I love this place! It's been years since I visited, but I had never forgotten the amazing aroma. I was so excited to find out there was a location just blocks away.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Yes, it may take you a day to find parking and a paycheck to actually park for an hour- but it was worth it! I have been dreaming of the banana pudding, as I follow Magnolia Bakery on Instagram. I got a medium size and it was VERY filling! Thick luscious vanilla pastry cream, fresh and sweet bananas with sponge cake- you can't go wrong. I marked it as cheap eats, because how expensive can a pastry be? I bake a lot, and personally baking is priceless- its all about the quality of ingredients and the love that goes into it- and Magnolia Bakery nailed it!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Always been a fan of everything they make, maybe a little too sweet for some people but if you manage the portion it's all wonderful. The banana pudding is perfect.