“The Best”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: West Village
Description: Since 1975, the family-owned Greewich Village Institution. Serving the quintessential slice of New York. Seen in countless tv, print and media, the famous Joe's Pizza. World renowned, authentic , classic.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Simply the best pizza slice in New York. Staff keeps the line moving and there’s never a long wait/ruined slice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best pizza we’ve ever had! Kids adored it! Such a novelty for us, coming from Ireland to get huge pizza slices!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took Subway here for pizza after the Theater. Line was out the door but moved quickly. Sold several options by the slice and water and soda by the bottle.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staying at the Nomad hotel and some of the staff at the hotel told us to go check out 2 brothers pizza last night. It was great.

I heard Joe’s on Carmine street was the “NY Pizza” everyone looks for.

Well, the pizza is good, not amazing, but their staff stinks. Horrible. Their success has gotten to their head and that nasty little guy behind the counter asking for your pizza order should be working on his trashy mouth instead of behind the counter working on customer service.

What’s worse, the owner was at the counter watching it all, and said nothing. Shame on the both of you.

I still thanked them both, paid $24.00 for my pizza and tipped them $5.00.

I would suggest to check out 2 brother pizza where they are much friendlier, kinder, and their pizza is just as good.

To joe, the current owner and that piece of $h/t behind the counter, take my $5 and go to pizza school.

The guy who told you not to give me those 2 old slices you tried to push off on the previous 8 people and you got pissed at me and me only.

FYI, that’s my pizza as soon as I opened the box.

1  Thank edwardrC5748WE
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found Joe’s pizza on yelp. It was my daughters first time in NEw York. I told my daughter that we would find the best pizza by the slice in NY.

My daughter said it was the best pizza she had ever had!! We would recommend to fiends and will return the next time we are in NY!