“Interesting Dinning Experience”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 6th Avenue and MacDougal
Transit: A,C,E,B,D,F,V at West 4th Street Stop.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

There was so much talk about this restaurant that I wanted to try it for myself to see what it was all about. Located on Washington square below street level, a small restaurant with cramped tables. They truly are maximizing their square footage. They had two different options for dinner. Either the Farmer's feast which is a tasting menu or the Daily menu which is limited. A couple of appetizers, followed by a couple of entrees and dessert. I opted for the Farmer's feast and I was not disappointed. I loved every vegetable option including the celtuce ( a root vegetable which I had never had). The grass fed beef was ok, nothing special. The strawberry dessert was refreshing and light. The service was friendly and they really wanted you to enjoy your dinner. Overall it was a great experience.

1  Thank GoldAdvice

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I was told that Blue Hill would be an excellent place to have an exquisite meal, and the person that told me that was definitely correct, because I really enjoyed my dining experience at this restaurant. Right away when I entered the restaurant with my family, I felt that the staff was so kind and attentive, and really made us feel at home, like they wanted to take care of us and really cared about us having a good experience at their restaurant. I loved how polite our waiter was, he really helped us make a food choice that would be in line with our personal tastes as we were unsure of what to order, but he walked through some items that he thought we might like and helped us pick one. I ended up having the beef and broccoli, and my goodness it was a delicious dish that left me full and completely satisfied. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We were in NYC for our holidays with my boyfriend late last summer. We made the reservation about a week before for dinner. And on the 29th of August we dressed up and arrived on time! After all we travelled half the planet to make it happen. Athens, Greece that is our home seemed so far.
The restaurant itself is very chic but not flamboyant. The service was excellent throughout the night.
We chose the Daily Menu costing 95 USD per person without wine (one of the two choices of set menu, the second was the Farmer's Feast costing 110 USD per person without wine). The Daily Menu consisted of a salad, an entree (or a first course), a main and a dessert. We also ordered a bottle of white Sicilian wine from their wine list costing around 60 USD with the help of their amazing sommelier who was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and so friendly but not overpowering.
We got an amuse bouche as the chef's welcome and we knew by that first bite that we are in for a treat. Each plate was a revelation. The produce that comes from their own farm was exquisite. I am not getting into detail about the plates because the menu changes every six months (or something) so it's already different. The pace of the plates arriving at our table was as close to perfect as it can get.
It was certainly one of those experiences that you'll never forget. After all these months the memory of the taste is still so vivid! Well done Mr Barber and Team! You have made two loyal greek friends in us.

I just dream of my next visit! Maybe we'll go to the restaurant on the Blue Hill Farm next time...

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurant's to eat in New York City, they have very tasty and well cooked burgers. I always go here when I'm on a lunch break at work or just to go out to eat with my friends and family. Every time I go I order their biggest burger with their yummy French fries. Their food is very good the fries have good seasoning and the burger also. The restaurant is cleaning and the environment is very nice and positive and the chairs and tables are very nice. The staff are very friendly and always come to check on you and give you your drinks when you need them to give you your drinks. This is what I love about this fantastic restaurant that have the best burgers ever!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Blue Hill exceeded our high expectations on our first visit to celebrate our 25th anniversary with our two adult children. From the personalized welcome to the attentive staff, the restaurant creates the right ambience to fully focus on and enjoy it's amazing food. Two of us had the six course farm feast and two had the four course menu. We shared every plate and were so pleased by the fresh flavors, creative combinations, and delicious preparations. We've had outstanding meals in Paris, Florence, Arles, Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Lima, Buenos Aires, Washington, San Francisco. Blue Hill exceeds those meals and is fully deserving of all its accolades. Don't miss the opportunity if you get the chance--you will be so happy you made it to this table.